Two anoying things of the best game...

After 500+ hours into that great game, I regulary ran into this anoying issue:

1. Storage bin: after assigning e.g. one consumable ore (coal) the game automatically assigns all consumable ores as more are discovered. Same happens to me on liquifiable in my main water supply.

2. Key bindings: Im controlling the game primary using WASD, which is very usable for navigating during constructing. But why on earch is O the key for changing the orientation? (Ahh.. O=orientation now I get it) But Now I have to either use my Mouse-Hand to press O or look at the keyboard and move my left hand away from WASD. Either way, thats Not comfortable for me. Why not using Q or E (or possibly both) to quickly rotate things.

2nd woul be my NUMBER ONE wish if Id get one free ;)

Anyway... thanks Klei for the great game! Already thinking about how to continue building my base and finally get some seed mutations done.

3 hours ago, robig1 said:

after assigning e.g. one consumable ore (coal) the game automatically assigns all consumable ores as more are discovered. Same happens to me on liquifiable in my main water supply.

omg, yes. Another classic one is when you store algae, and suddenly they are storing polluted dirt all over as well since it's under the "Organic" category, and end up moving germs around.

I understand the reasoning behind it, because on the flipside you would have to enable every building material or whatever as you discover it. But when it goes wrong it goes really wrong. Like polluted water in your water supply. Maybe it could be an option in settings to have one way or the other?

On 8/2/2021 at 8:42 AM, Aituarte said:

I understand the reasoning behind it, because on the flipside you would have to enable every building material or whatever as you discover it.

This is actually how it used to work.

It was horrible.

I really wish the "whole category" was treated as another category though. That you could say "All seeds" without this being implicitly assumed when you select all currently-known seeds.

The water emptiers suddently allowing p-water thing is ridiculous.

What we have now seems like a really sub-par implementation, but... well at least it's still an improvement on the old system. Most of the time.

There are clearly different check-boxes though. I really don't see any reason why they can't all be distinct, even when some of them select categories. If the state of the "all" checkbox were separately remembered then it could (in addition to toggling all the contained items) indicate whether or not newly-discovered items get added checked or unchecked. There would be some additional work in the implementation, but really... not even all that much.

Archived