Attempting to make music mod, FMOD designer not working

Hello, I am attempting to make a music mod (this is the first mod i have ever made, so i apologize if this has a very simple solution, i've just been following that old tutorial forum post.) Every time I launch fmod designer through the dont starve mod tools, it fails to initialize 5 times in a row, then launches anyway. However, every time I attempt to open a project or create a new project, fmod designer just closes itself. I am not sure what is causing this or what I should do to fix it. I am new to modding, so once again I apologize if this is incredibly easy to fix and I'm just stupid, however I couldn't find anything on the tutorial forum posts mentioning this, so I am confused. If I should send screenshots to help make the issue more clear, let me know. Thanks in advance.

So that old tutorial is not very useful anymore and there is actually a new one:

As for your problem getting FMOD Designer to even start, have you tried verifying integrity of game files? Or uninstalling and re-installing?

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem. The only cure despite many uninstalls and integrity checks the solution so far is to use another computer if possible, or ask someone else, who can use the program, for help