Willow, Webber, Wurt, the Awkward Underwhelmings

Is this thread a joke?? No really I’m asking a SERIOUS Question, because I have been playing as Webber ALOT since his rework and holy sweet Jesus I may actually change my main from Wendy to Him.

(I’d never do that.. but he will defiantly become my second most played as)

Webbers rework was insanely good.. I mean INSANELY good..

He can tame any spider type in the game by giving them meat or pig skin, Paired with the Webby Whistle you can summon as many spiders as you need for a fight, I sit and watched probably hundreds of spiders rip moose goose and her mooslings to shreds while I just stood idly by and watched.

Now a few things to note about Webber: He can downgrade the size of spider dens by shaving them with a razor.. (important for playing in public worlds and keeping spiders under control) no need to actually fight Dens anymore just walk up to and trim down.. collecting Silk in the process.

This same Silk can be applied TO A spider nest to rapidly speed up its upgrade phases to get the higher tier spiders from them.

Or: You can “decorate” the dens to permanently lock them from growing past tier 1 (good for multiplayer)

Webber no longer needs to PUNCH a spider den during day to get spiders to come out (most the time hostile and ready to kill him) simply walk near them and blow a webby whistle to summon some spider pals, tame them with meat or pig skins.

When Webber encounters a Spider Queen get that Queen to fight something, anything.. a moose goose, a village of Pigs.. hound wave, whatever- The Queen will eventually spawn “Nurse Spiders” immediately run up to.. and feed these things meat or pig skin (get at minimum TWO) this also unlocks the nurse switcher doodle to turn any spider into them.

ANY SPIDER.. now the reason you want TWO is because you can “force” them to attack each other by hitting ONE, they will battle each other but can’t really die because they BOTH do AoE healing with their attacks & luck would have it.. this AoE healing effect covers the entire span of the Boat Cookies.. Once Webber is all healed up, simply walk to and pick up the spider that’s attacking the nurse spider you hit.. the second spider will no longer have a target to attack & can be retamed again by giving it meat or pig skin.

Tamed spiders can also be equipped in hats so you can literally have an army carry all your hats around for you while you save inventory space, or you can put helmets on their heads to make them harder for other mobs to easily kill.

WEBBER went from being absolute Trash to being an Absolute GOD (especially during Solo Play) 

And I’m loving every second of it.

Willow & Wurt are also pretty great but I just wanted to point out some of the relatively NEW stuff I’ve discovered you can do as Webber.

#Second favorite character now (Sorry Wigfrid your rework was disappointing your no longer as loved as you once were to me! The one character all about Combat & yet Woodie & Webber got more interesting combat abilities..) 

Long Live the Spider Army!!! :snarlingspider:

Archived