Cave Exit Suddenly Broken

Hello everyone. Today I started a local dedicated server by copying and pasting a newly generated world's files into the dedicated server's folder (excluding the cluster token, I'm using the one that I got from downloading the server files). Everything was running perfectly, but for some reason the cave exit I have been using for the whole game decided that it would be a good idea to take me to the florid postern on the forest world. I haven't tried going back into the caves yet, as I'm too afraid something bad might happen to my save file, but until that incident it was working as intended.

If it makes any difference, I didn't choose a character in the world that I copied into the dedicated server, I generated the world with a seed and immediately disconnected before copying it into the dedi server's file. I'm not absolutely sure that this whole situation is a bug, since this is my first attempt at running a dedicated server, but I would appreciate it if someone could figure out what went wrong. Thanks in advance.

Oops, it seems that the cave exit I mentioned wasn't the one I have been using the whole game, instead it was one that was supposed to link to an unopened sinkhole, sorry for that. Still, it seems weird that the portals with inactive status on the other side lead to the florid postern. Anyone has a clue why this happens?

13 hours ago, mr. brj said:

it seems weird that the portals with inactive status on the other side lead to the florid postern. Anyone has a clue why this happens?

It sounds like the portals didn't get properly linked to the counterparts on the other shard.

I can imagine that by copying the map files, the sinkholes don't get linked, as they belong to a different world seed, and have to get manually linked.

You can check out this post for some deeper explanations, and possibly use the Shard configuration mod for easier connections, if you don't wanna go the manual route.

Archived