Befriended spiders should be more effective when gathered in groups.

New to the forums! Obvious title aside, what I'm trying to say is similar to what I saw in a Half-Life analysis video by MarphitimusBlackimus on Youtube. In Half-Life, Houndeyes are more effective and deal more damage when they are in a larger group compared to being solo or in a small group. I thought a similar mechanic would be great for Webber and his befriended spiders, gaining some stat/stats like extra damage, faster attacks, or more health based on how many spiders are befriended. 

I feel that it could help spiders take on bosses/giants rather than simply being Giant fodder. I always imagined Webber being similar to the "follower" builds in games, utilizing pets to deal a majority of their damage like the Necromancer in Diablo II.

I made a similar statement on Cassielu's great post about the Webber refresh and wanted to see what others think.

20 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Spiders already do tons of damage in groups, making them deal even more would make them even stronger then they already are

I do agree, I just really would like spider to gain some sort of bonus for being in a large group. 

Another idea might be Webber being able to craft a headslot item like a banner of some sort to be worn by him and it buff other spiders, sacrificing a head slot but empowering the other spiders. 

get 10 spitters and 10 nurses and fight literally anything (not even that unreasonable to get in a survival world), not only do you now have night immortal spiders, but incredibly high dps as well

Archived