Rocket interior not accesible for errands: bug or am I missing something?

Hello everyone,

I don't understand why dupes cannot access the rocket interior for various errrands such as building, supplying, sweeping, etc, while when I select a dupe as rocket crew member, he/she can enter the rocket without any problem. I tried to replace the ladder with a gantry with no result,  launched the rocket and landed it but the problem remained unsolved. Do you have any advice to solve this without deconstructing and rebuilding the rocket from scratch? Also do you know if this problem is part of the game machnics or it is a bug?

Hello, 
Please could you share a screenshot of your setup so we can help more precisely ? My guess is that you have the rocket on "crew only" and the crew member have other priorities than the task in the rocket. Otherwise you might have encountered a wild bug
Hope it helps :) 

There is a problem where if the rocket is modified (modules removed especially) where the command module can become inaccessible.  This is solved by reloading.  As of the previous major update, this hadn't been fixed.  I haven't seen it mentioned in the patch notes so the bug is probably still there.

22 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

Hello, 
Please could you share a screenshot of your setup so we can help more precisely ? My guess is that you have the rocket on "crew only" and the crew member have other priorities than the task in the rocket. Otherwise you might have encountered a wild bug
Hope it helps :) 

How do you change the access permission of the rocket? This may be the problem. However, this does not explain why when I deconstruct the spacefarer module and rebuild it I can get everything built inside.

18 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

There is a problem where if the rocket is modified (modules removed especially) where the command module can become inaccessible.  This is solved by reloading.  As of the previous major update, this hadn't been fixed.  I haven't seen it mentioned in the patch notes so the bug is probably still there.

Yes I had various modules removed and others added later. Also today I am experiecing the problem of not being able to land :(,after sending out a rocket a few tile to do orbital research. The rocket is stacked on top of the planetoid, I also noticed that the destination keeps being cleared automatically by the game resulting in a "destination set: none".

As you can see from this screenshot, something weird is going on. The screen says "-53s" and the number keep raising (negatevely)

Immagine 2021-06-29 162913.jpg

19 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Yes I had various modules removed and others added later. Also today I am experiecing the problem of not being able to land :(,after sending out a rocket a few tile to do orbital research. The rocket is stacked on top of the planetoid, I also noticed that the destination keeps being cleared automatically by the game resulting in a "destination set: none".

As you can see from this screenshot, something weird is going on. The screen says "-53s" and the number keep raising (negatevely)

I've also experienced this bug.  I had enough fuel that I was able to move to an adjacent tile and then land.

33 minutes ago, Padishar said:

How do you change the access permission of the rocket? This may be the problem. However, this does not explain why when I deconstruct the spacefarer module and rebuild it I can get everything built inside.

Indeed, this seems more like a bug.
you can change the permission in the rocket menu where you choose destinations 

4 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

Indeed, this seems more like a bug.
you can change the permission in the rocket menu where you choose destinations 

There you can only select the rocket crew: pilots/passangers. Even if you don't select any dupes, every dupes should be able to enter the rocket for supply, building, etc errands.
Rocket system seems pretty bugged, I experienced another one today: the gas is not loaded inside the gas storage as the platform does not recognize that it has a rocket on it.

4 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

I've also experienced this bug.  I had enough fuel that I was able to move to an adjacent tile and then land.

I also managed to save my poor research dupe from dying by moving the rocket to another destination and then recalling the rocket after some time. Surprisigly, the rocket landed instantly on the planetoid.

7 hours ago, Padishar said:

I had this bug as well. The bug is viusal as the rocket is not actually there but in the tile you set it earlier. You can select a new destination by clicking the control panel inside the rocket (took me a while to figure out). Then it will snap to where it should be and start moving towards the selected point (if it was previously set to orbit it will land instantly).

Archived