Oxygen mask docks should require power

This is probably an overlook, but it's a little bizarre that oxygen mask docks don't require power to pump oxygen from the dock to the mask. Every other suit dock has this requirement and earlier iteration of the oxygen mask dock needed power as well. I know these are early game, so the power requirement could be limited to about 60w per dock especially since these masks are meant to be much smaller and hold less oxygen than any of the suits, but it makes sense to have this mechanic work for the oxygen mask docks all the same.

In contrast a couple of buildings that really shouldn't have any power requirements are the smart storage containers and automatic dispenser. That just makes no sense and what ends up happening with the latter is it gets barely used and more complicated to use than it realistically should be. The dispenser at one point had on accident required power to dispense, but somehow got reverted, yet the port persists and I'm pretty sure draws power if you connect it to a grid even if there is no real difference between it being powered or not.

6 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

This is probably an overlook, but it's a little bizarre that oxygen mask docks don't require power to pump oxygen from the dock to the mask. Every other suit dock has this requirement and earlier iteration of the oxygen mask dock needed power as well. I know these are early game, so the power requirement could be limited to about 60w per dock especially since these masks are meant to be much smaller and hold less oxygen than any of the suits, but it makes sense to have this mechanic work for the oxygen mask docks all the same.

The reason it required power before its rework is because it was doing both the work of a gas pump and the mask station. Now that you have to build a seperate pump I think its fine the way it is. The gas pressure created by the pump is enough for the smaller amount of storage space. My main gripe with masks is why does it reduce move speed when its just a little mask on your face?

6 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

In contrast a couple of buildings that really shouldn't have any power requirements are the smart storage containers and automatic dispenser. That just makes no sense and what ends up happening with the latter is it gets barely used and more complicated to use than it realistically should be. The dispenser at one point had on accident required power to dispense, but somehow got reverted, yet the port persists and I'm pretty sure draws power if you connect it to a grid even if there is no real difference between it being powered or not.

I do agree with this though for the most part. I have only used smart storage a few times but later realized I could effectively get away with the same thing through pressure plates without power and decided to never use smart storage again. If the liquid dispenser doesn't use power or the gas one then the solid one really shouldn't either.

Archived