:character concept: wilder, the hat maker

- Wilder -

:the hat maker:

”there is nothing that complements the head more then a hat”

-perks 

= is a hatter by trade - able to make his own types of hats and is able to repair head gear items without tape or sewing kit 

= hates going hatless - no matter what, you cannot remove whatever wilder is wearing on his head however you can swap it with another hat. If his hat breaks and there is no other hat in his inventory, he will loose sanity at a great rate while the nightmares gain a damage boost but if he does find a hat to wear, all nightmares will disappear and his sanity will return just as if nothing has at all went wrong.

= only takes power naps - whenever wilder falls asleep he will not sleep as long as the normal person but will sleep at a shorter rate, he will loose a great amount of hunger but for a greater deal of health. 

:the hat makers tab contents:

= hatters-Hatty-hat - a basic and easy to make hat, purely acts as away to help with wilders hat problem. (Note: not able to be repaired)

= reverse umbrella hat - not as grand as the eye-Brella but as a different unique purpose, this reversed version will be able to collect rain water and once it’s full you can then place it on a harvest spot and over time will water your plants. The hat can also catch frogs in the middle of frog rain, the catches frog will not harm the player but will be trapped in the hat until it is pulled out. (Note: not able to be repaired)

= dreamy cap - wear this while sleeping and it will boost your regeneration, if you wear this in general your character will slowly go to sleep and then pass out.

= Looney cap - flip your sanity upside down cause once you dawn this little cap, you will go fully insane and face the nightmares. (Note: if you wear this cap on lunar island, your loonacy will be reverse which will make you sane on the island)

= undertakers hat - practically a metal detector for buried stuff, when you dawn this hat you will be able to see what buried spot has a treasure or not.

= physicians hat - play doctor as your Able to heal people without any healing items, just walk up to them and mend them up (note: not able to be repaired)

= scary hat - nothing will lay a finger or claw on you when your wearing this, most creatures will run away from you when your wearing this.

= thinking cap - made only through the use of the pseudo science station, the thinking cap will allow the wearer to research or discover new crafting recipes for a hefty price of sanity and the durability of the hat. (Note: not able to be repaired)

= hard hat - protect your numb skull from falling debris and take less damage from it

:bonus info:

- if wilder does go insane (by normal means) the nightmares deal half of the damage then usual.

- he starts in the world with two hats, his hatters-hatty-hat and one random hat 

- favourite food is soothing tea 

And that was my character concept, any questions ?

I like the idea, but when you say that he can repair hats "without duct tape or sewing kit" do you literally mean he can click a button and just increase durability for free? Does this work for armor headgear as well? Maybe instead of free unlimited repairs, he can instead craft the hats at a discount or something.

19 hours ago, Skelewar said:

I like the idea, but when you say that he can repair hats "without duct tape or sewing kit" do you literally mean he can click a button and just increase durability for free? Does this work for armor headgear as well? Maybe instead of free unlimited repairs, he can instead craft the hats at a discount or something.

I just realise how broken that made him lol, so likely it should be at a discount of something. Btw he only repairs hat based items not armor.... that's for another character 

I would say he is a little too overpowered for the main game but hey, this could be a good idea for a mod character.

"able to repair head gear items without tape or sewing kit" makes him too powerfull in my opinion, maybe he uses less durability when using sewing kit instead?

"Able to heal people without any healing items" I assume that will cost hat durability, how much it heals, how easy it is to make and how much durability it uses is very important here because it can easly be either underpowered or overpowered.

"allow the wearer to research or discover new crafting recipes for a hefty price of sanity and the durability" so bassicly the hat let's you craft blueprints? what science level would the hat let you get recipes from? 

"nothing will lay a finger or claw on you when your wearing" straight up overpowered, it just let's you get away with anything. If you can attack while wearing it that means you can just kill bosses without them even doing any attempt to attack you.

Also can other characters use his hats? 

What would be his stats?

On 6/22/2021 at 11:24 PM, HumanoidCreatur said:

"able to repair head gear items without tape or sewing kit" makes him too powerfull in my opinion, maybe he uses less durability when using sewing kit instead?

That's likely a better way to run the mechanic instead using your bear hands 

"Able to heal people without any healing items" I assume that will cost hat durability, how much it heals, how easy it is to make and how much durability it uses is very important here because it can easly be either underpowered or overpowered.

It would give 15 health points, each time used would use 29 durability each and the recipe for the is 3 glands, a booster shot and a healing salve.

"allow the wearer to research or discover new crafting recipes for a hefty price of sanity and the durability" so bassicly the hat let's you craft blueprints? what science level would the hat let you get recipes from? 

Practically yea and the level of science is only as high as alchemy engine.

"nothing will lay a finger or claw on you when your wearing" straight up overpowered, it just let's you get away with anything. If you can attack while wearing it that means you can just kill bosses without them even doing any attempt to attack you.

I might had forgotten to type down that the hat can't scare away giants and bosses so that overpowered side might be because of my fault, so i deeply apologize on that error.

People can use his hats and his stat block is really up to the imagination in this concept.

Archived