Drillcone / Diamond Press

Anyone else think it’s insane you have to use the diamond press 100 times to fully restore the Drillcone? 

Really takes the incentive away from actually using it. Automating radiation is clunky, and makes it even worse. 

20 hours ago, Rotintin said:

Anyone else think it’s insane you have to use the diamond press 100 times to fully restore the Drillcone? 

Doesn`t sound that insane without context. It sounds like a lot of manual labour though. As for now radbolts are basically free. Simply filling the surface with solar panels and radbolt generators should allow that thing to operate constantly. The thing is how long does it take for the machine to get it done. Now how does that compare to to the amount of time the rocket takes to do it`s mining. If you can get enough to refill the drillcone before the rocket is back assuming it`s a close field then it isn`t that bad.

The power / radbolt consumption isn't a problem IMO. Right now it takes my +12 machinery Meep 18 seconds to fill the progress bar, after which the animation continues for another 7 seconds until the diamond pops out and finishes the sequence. This is with the lit workspace +15% speed. 

As of now thats 4.17 cycles of Meep operating the machine for one full mining mission. The animation will probably be fixed, bringing this down to 3 cycles even. Obviously, this isn't including sleep, travel, or bio, and assumes the delivery of refined carbon is automated.

Now that I've done a little math, it's even more insane to me. 

You're probably right though, @JaxckLl, but what would a good balance look like? I'd be fine with 2kw power consumption, 1000 radbolts per 100 diamond. Basically increasing output 10x , but keeping relative cost more or less the same.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:05 AM, Rotintin said:

The power / radbolt consumption isn't a problem IMO. Right now it takes my +12 machinery Meep 18 seconds to fill the progress bar, after which the animation continues for another 7 seconds until the diamond pops out and finishes the sequence. This is with the lit workspace +15% speed. 

As of now thats 4.17 cycles of Meep operating the machine for one full mining mission. The animation will probably be fixed, bringing this down to 3 cycles even. Obviously, this isn't including sleep, travel, or bio, and assumes the delivery of refined carbon is automated.

Now that I've done a little math, it's even more insane to me. 

You're probably right though, @JaxckLl, but what would a good balance look like? I'd be fine with 2kw power consumption, 1000 radbolts per 100 diamond. Basically increasing output 10x , but keeping relative cost more or less the same.

So build more diamond presses. Problem solved.

Archived