A way to cosmetically wear items?

Don't Starve Together has alot of cool looking head and body items, sadly some of these items end up getting either never used or rarely used.

for the head slot I can't think of too many, mainly some smaller ones like the cat cap and cookie cutter cap, which are simply overshadowed by better items that serve the same purpose. Not to mention I see most people using either a tam o shanter or the new enlightened crown for sanity and for armor, it's usually either football helmets or battle helms, for cold insulation if people aren't using a tam o shanter, then they're likely using a winter hat or beefalo hat, not to mention spring where most veterans use the eyebrella, and for those who don't have one there's usually rain hat and umbrella combo.

for the body slot, honestly the bulk of players just wear a backpack, because haha inventory space, but even for the no backpack crew there's likely only a select few items that one would use(mainly thinking hibearnation vest for winter, floral shirt for summer, rain coat for spring, and maybe belt of hunger for hunger.), and other body slot items go forgotten.

Yet for the head and body slot there are some cool items for both, and those items can have skins to make them cooler, so why not add some kind of way to add head and body slot items to your character soely for looks, without the item using the slot? The items added this way would only show visually, and would not actually contribute any stats. If not then maybe just some kinda vanity slots would be nice.

Like there are a few head and body slot items I do enjoy the look of, I like alot of the straw hat skins, and also like my pink winter hat, but for body slot items I also like items like the summer frest and heck, even grass suit skins, not to mention the new scarf in the summer cawnival event. I just wish there was a way to wear such items cosmetically without sacrificing the inventory slot, even if the worn item does absolutely nothing to help you and is just soely for looks. Sometimes items, be them skinned or not, can go nicely with outfits, and a means to have that complete outfit without sacrificing inventory slots would be nice.

I doubt anything like this would be implemented, and I'm aware of a certain outdated mod that does something like this, but that mod is very much outdated, and would not help here.

because it's better than throwing the meaning of equipment straight out of the window for the sake of looks

if i see a teammate wearing X i expect them to benefit from X effects. not to mention the nightmare this would inflict upon pvp.

Archived