Caves still causing delay (dst)

I'm not sure if this is the place to post for dst stuff, but i have had this problem for a while where every world with caves adds a 1 second delay to everything i do. Harvesting grass, each chop on a tree, picking stuff up from the ground, mining boulders, and especially in combat. My pc is far above the required specs for dst, and i have even tried this on a dedicated server but the delay persists.

I messed around in the files a long time ago and somehow got rid of the delay on worlds with caves, but i have no idea what i did to get rid of it. Does anyone know a solid fix for action delay with caves? Or maybe a mod that gets rid of the delay. Just to make it clear, its delay, not lag. Game still runs fine, but my character pauses for a second for everything i do.

While I cannot say I am experiencing the exact same thing that you are, there has definitely been a noticeable change in my caves' performance. I don't know what update seemed to cause it, but my caves don't perform as well as they used to. They used to always run better than the surface, but now there is barely a noticeable difference.

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

that's just how the engine works. having caves turns your game into a dedicated server and you become a client with all the inconveniences.

if you want cave content with no input lag I recommend this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2283416213

Thank you my friend. This mod is excellent. I never knew this existed, but its exactly what i needed. I kept looking for "lag" helping mods.

Archived