Wickerbottom Improvements

Wickerbottom was once arguably the strongest character in the game, but has fallen out of favor due to her nerfs a few months ago.

I still think she's a very interesting character, as she always was. But I feel like she lacks that regular utility that other interesting and powerful characters have since the introduction of Reap what you Sow and her nerfs.

---

My suggestion is as follows:

For balance and utility remove her current agriculture books and replace them with the following.

* A book that cheaply creates rain. A crafting ingredient could be water balloons. This would have great synergy with the new farming mechanics as well as Warly's Volt Goat Chaud Froid and the Morning Star and a bit of niche utility on the Dragonfly fight. It could also be used during summer to stop wildfires possibly.

* A book that fully fertilizes grass/bushes as well as farming plots to contain the maximum of all nutrients. A crafting ingredient could be several Glommer Goops or possibly a mix of fertilizing products. The recipe should be very cost efficient when having a standard 4 tile farming layout. This would greatly synergize with farming and moving grass tufts and bushes to your base and would jump start production instead of just forcing stuff to grow. Glommer Goop would be a fitting ingredient.

For interesting book additions to late game one could consider any of the following:

* Books that specifically spawn hazards, similar to On Tentacles. This could include hound waves, frog rains, depth worms, rockjaws and so on.
* A book that scares fish and eel to jump out of their ponds.
* An alternative to Bundling Wraps would be interesting for her.

Wickerbottom is a Cat Person!

A possibly cool way to improve Wickerbottom and incentivise players to keep playing her over just books crafting would be the ability to tame Catcoons and make them (or the tamed version) effectively renewable. Wickerbottom seems to me like she'd love to have a cat around. A tamed version would then lose some of the hazardous behaviours of a wild Catcoon and provide a powerful sanity aura for Wickerbottom and maybe other small/fun perks.

16 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

ohhhh did I forget to mention that she's useless for plant growth now, silly me :lol:

In that part of gameplay is less effective but still useful to get specific seeds in early days and for getting veggies right when needed

But yes, isnt as powerful veggie farmer as before

Archived