Currently, when travelling to a space POI with a drillcone module attached, you are able to mine that POI if you also have the appropriate cargo module to store that. It only counts the default capacity of the cargo modules even if you have different configurations (selecting a specific element or adjusting the slider bar of the module). Making a roundtrip to a space POI doesn't do anything more really, than travelling to any other tile: the rocket gets there, turns, returns.

What I would like to see is a slider in the drillcone adjusting the percentage (because every cargo has different values) of cargo capacity and then trigger the roundtrip of the rocket.

I agree that an option for automated POI mining should be added. But, personally, I'd rather have to components to build it ourselves rather than a UI option.

My ideal solution would be:

1) a "cargo sensor" rocket fitting.  Which provides an automation signal based on the amount of an element in storage. I.e it would have an element filter and a configurable threshold, and would output green if there was more than the threshold of the selected element in storage.

2) a return of the automation port on the rocket control station which would enable/disable rocket movement.

The nice thing about that type of solution is that the new components can also be used for other purposes.

2 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

I agree that an option for automated POI mining should be added. But, personally, I'd rather have to components to build it ourselves rather than a UI option.

Well... I am recently leaning towards "put some automation to everything" but sometimes I remember I wasn't always like that :D

I wouldn't say no to a 3x3 4x4 advanced rocket automating control station though :rolleyes:

Archived