A way to (un)petrify trees

I've been working on a mega(ish) base for the last several months and it's really got me wishing for a more controllable form of (un)petrification.

On one hand, you have petrification randomly affects evergreens that you were using as decor, ruining the look of your hand-made setpiece. (And due to how placement spacing works, it can often be very expensive to simply replace the tree.)

On the other hand, you can never have too many decorations to play with and petrified trees could look sooo good with the right environment. But, sadly, the only way to get them is to plant evergreens, crank up the petrification setting and hope those trees get petrified before all your other trees, which you do not want turning into stone do.

I'd love some sort of item (probably pretty late game) that can turn organic evergreens to stone and vice versa.

19 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'd love some sort of item (probably pretty late game) that can turn organic evergreens to stone and vice versa.

How about a new Fountain of Knowledge in the Archives (say, green) that unlocks an crafting station where you can make items that allow you to change the forms of various resources. So not only can you switch between normal and petrified trees, but you could change berry bushes into juicy berry bushes, grass into grass geckos, etc., provided that you make the correct item and use it on the corresponding resource.

Archived