Onboard info about rocket storage modules content

Hi all,

This has been bothering me for a while and with the incoming patch adding space mining, this will become even more of a concern. Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to determine how much mass of each material there is stored in rocket modules while in space. You can know the state of charge of the battery by clicking of different electrical components in the "energy" tab, which is great. But there is no way to know how much oxygen I have left in the tank, or how much clean water I have left for my toilets. Similarly, there will be no way to know how much of material X you have mined so far and stored in your rocket modules when the next patch comes out.

I think there should be a way to know that information when the rocket is in space. I see a few places where it could make sense:

1) From the gas, liquid, shipping output inside the rocket module. They currently act as "filters", but we could also see from the UI there how much is left inside rocket storage instead of within the single pipe section. Right now, it will tell me there is 1000g of oxygen stored, but that's the content of the pipe section only and that is not very useful information.

2) From the rocket control console (where the duplicants drive the rocket). There could be a status panel there listing all the available material stored in rocket modules, energy stored in the rocket batteries, etc.

3) From the starmap by clicking on the rocket

If this is already available information, please let me know. My apologies if this has been suggested before. In any case, I feel like this would be much needed addition to Spaced out! :-)

10 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to determine how much mass of each material there is stored in rocket modules while in space.

While in space 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8a06e73f204b164581e4d7b3164ce3e1.png

If you are not in testing branch, in two weeks :wink:

Archived