Changing settings on server causing other players to not be able to join

I have looked just about everywhere to try to find a solution for my problem and I can't seem to find anything, so I really hope someone on here can help me.

One of my friends has been hosting a server for my group of friends.  We've been playing on it for a couple of weeks with no issues with connecting.  A couple of days ago we learned about the beefalo costumes that had been available to get during the Year of the Beefalo event.  We decided that we wanted to get those, so we tried to change the server world settings to be set to Year of the Beefalo, but when anyone other than the host tried to join, it just said "Server not responding."  As soon as the host changed it back it was fine.  Through my search for answers, it seems like touching just the "world settings" and not the "world generation" settings should be fine and not have any issues, but obviously we are.  I just don't know what we can do at this point.

For extra info we are running mods and caves.  I don't know if it's relevant, but here is the list of workshop mods that we are using:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1363341794

I don't know what's causing the problem with people not being able to join, but for what it's worth, the beefalo costumes were added to the regular game outside of the event in an update, so you can still use them without changing the settings.

17 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

I don't know what's causing the problem with people not being able to join, but for what it's worth, the beefalo costumes were added to the regular game outside of the event in an update, so you can still use them without changing the settings.

Oh, thanks!  Yeah I had seen the grooming station in the structures, but I thought that we would still need to get the costume blueprints.  I built the station and they were all there.

Archived