Overhauling the Duplicant Trait System

I don't think simple disability to do X traits add much to the game except in few cases where a Duplicant cannot do something important like digging. Nor increases X traits are that good, with their measley +3 bonus and pail in comparison to interest, which can provide upto +17 X as of the DLC. 

Most interesting traits are lost in the crowd of these boring ones. Imo, the very high attribute, many negative traits dupes in the DLC are a step in the right direction.

The traits I find interesting add personality to Duplicants, add gameplay element or both, like Duress to Impress or Flatulent. 

I might also add here that some of the interesting positive traits, are exclusive to the nueral vacillator, and Klei may be should consider making it not so. 

1 hour ago, Magheat2009 said:

I might also add here that some of the interesting positive traits, are exclusive to the nueral vacillator, and Klei may be should consider making it not so. 

Why? It would make the neural vacillator useless.

23 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

Why? It would make the neural vacillator useless.

I suggested that because Klei seem to be low on ideas for positive traits. It won't make the vacillator useless, as it is impossible for a Duplicant to have four positive traits at the same time. Even if a Duplicant has two nueral vacillator traits already, you will need to use it again on them two times to max it out for that duplicant. 

Archived