Customize Random Survivor Select

Surprised nobody suggested this yet (At least not with the word "Random" in the topic title), but I'd love if we could customize the random survivor select option. I've even seen a few people in-game ask for the feature to be implemented, too.

I'd personally love to click random and be given Wes, Warly, or Wormwood at random, while other players might want to do something like pick everyone except Wes (The heathens). By default random could stay true random so anyone who prefers the current functionality can maintain it (or customized random is added as a new slot), but I think this change would really make the random button a lot more useful for a lot more players.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, TheJazMaster said:

Seems like a lot of UI clutter and hassle for something that can be more easily done with a random number generator online

Where is the UI clutter? It's the same random button as the game has right now. Why even have the random select button at all if you can just use a random number generator?

On 5/11/2021 at 4:51 AM, Cheggf said:

Where is the UI clutter? It's the same random button as the game has right now. Why even have the random select button at all if you can just use a random number generator?

Because selecting 1 out of everyone is easy to make, but selecting 1 out of a customizable list would need at least 1 more menu. Meanwhile the few players that want to do this can just generate an appropriate random number, which doesn't take too long. It's just not worth the hassle imo.

If they do add it however, I'd like to see it be a checkbox on each portrait when you select the Random option.

6 hours ago, TheJazMaster said:

Meanwhile the few players that want to do this can just generate an appropriate random number, which doesn't take too long.

The "few players" are the ones who use the current random button. Most players do not want to potentially doom themselves with a character they hate or are incapable of playing.

6 hours ago, TheJazMaster said:

It's just not worth the hassle imo.

It's not an enormous undertaking to add a way to remove characters from a list. It would be a relatively easy to add feature that would make a lot of players happy. Just because you personally wouldn't use it doesn't mean it's useless. It'd objectively be less useless than the current random button since it's have the current random button's functionality in addition to more. 

Archived