Walls Immune to Damage

Currently people are using Sculptures to surround places with mobs they want to contain since alot of mobs can't destroy sculptures.

Walls exist, they should be viable as walls, making them immune to damage from smaller non-boss mobs like spiders, pigs, merms, hounds.

I suggested a minimum damage threshold per attack that needs to be passed before walls start taking damage a while back for a similar effect but people seem happy at the moment with what we got. I agree that statues shouldn't be used as walls, but people seem to like them. 

I propose this:

Walls have innate immunities based on damage thresholds.

For example-

stone/wooden/hay walls have 0 immunities

Thelucite walls are immune to all damage that does 20 hit points or less. That includes spiders, normal hounds, etc

Moon walls are immune to all damage that does 34 hit points or less. That includes pengulls, beefalo, red/blue hounds, etc.

Player damage penetrates the immunities. 

12 minutes ago, VampireMonkey said:

Wouldn't multiple pigs attacking the wall at the same time cause the damage to stack together and pass that threshold?

Making mobs not target walls could also work.

No, the game doesn't calculate damage like that. It would be separate calculations from separate sources.

Archived