Hot Ideas

Hello friends

I wish to impose upon you some more suggestions for this magical videogame

1. For jumps that give a passive speed boost to 3.70, please round it up to 3.75. It is a much prettier number :)

2. Sister NPC animations is bugged. When she swings from a bar her character goes in reference pose. Same for the dog sister.

3. Please make it possible to see the toy, level and jump ability of players in the scoreboard menu.

4. Please allow an option to not use a special jump ability at all. To compensate for this, perhaps have these perks :

• Base speed is 4.0
  • x2 experience gain modifier

5. The game seems to lag when loading text subtitles for the first time. Very noticeable in the Intro.

6. NPCs like Hazard in Mountain Gauntlet seem to randomly lose their head sometimes.

7. If you grab a pole at the very bottom of it nearby the floor, you will sometimes automatically get killed to fall damage out of nowhere.

8. The Vault Jump has a bug. If you're at ground lava level and die next to a climbable prop, your game will be stuck in a half-dead state until respawn. It appears the game both tried to make your character climb but still died at the same time. You can even see your previous self character attempt to play a climb animation repeatedly until it vanishes.

382560_20210425093040_1.thumb.png.387082aa1c8559ce7e29cdc2b0dcf22b.png

382560_20210425093048_1.thumb.png.f43d30995ff35eec60d8852f9498a2b0.png

9. Double Jump is in my opinion really not interesting or fun. It's the most powerful ability that breaks nearly all of the game (aside from vault) and yet it's very one dimensional and not very engaging. I don't know how it could be made better but I think there's alot of room for improvement.

Thank you till next time

• Developer

Thanks for the suggestions!

On 4/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, Well-met said:

3. Please make it possible to see the toy, level and jump ability of players in the scoreboard menu.

The leaderboards were split up by jump ability in this update:

You can see the abilities at the top and selecting one switching to show only times that used that ability. You can see the toy character in the replay, but unfortunately that information isn't posted to the leaderboard (it also doesn't affect your performance, so it's not strictly relevant). I don't think we store level (rank or character level) in anything leaderboard related, so that information isn't available to display. 

5. The game seems to lag when loading text subtitles for the first time. Very noticeable in the Intro.

Can you elaborate? Does the game freeze for a bit? Or are the subtitles not displaying at the same time as the voice lines they represent?

Or maybe it's because two different sets of subtitles are trying to fire at the same time in intro so it looks weird (GAT TV starts playing, mom and sister interrupt, then GAT TV resumes)?

If the game freezes or hangs, you can try submitting a bug in game after it occurs so I can look at the log. Or try verifying game files -- possibly it's barfing while loading a corrupted file.

Archived