WTF (I tried to put this on bug tracker)

Now before I get into the bug I found, let me first explain the events that lead to the bug. I host a city server sometimes called Draconic City, which has gone through 3 iterations so far, one got corrupted, one I couldn't get into bc of the March QOL update. I've been hosting the third iteration for about a month now. I actually found this bug in late march, but I forgot to post it, and then I went on vacay. I just came back, and am going to share this bug with you.

I had a weird time loading into DST, I needed to log into steam again, before I could load in. When I did, I went immediately to host Draconic City, when it prompted me to make a new world, which it only does when there are no existing worlds, I told some friends who were online at the time, thinking I'd need to make a fourth iteration of Draconic City, So I went to work, adding the mods, and the presets, And decided to change the day cycle and loaded into the "New" World. When I loaded in, I was in my third iteration of Draconic City. This would be an interesting bug on its own, but it KEPT THE CHANGE I MADE TO THE "NEW" WORLD. Me and those online friends were confused AF, and I made a backup which I had never done for a DST server. When I left the server, I checked what worlds I had, and all my worlds had returned.

I feel like people would do this kind of stuff as a creepypasta and call it a "Bug", so I understand if you are skeptical, but this no joke happened to me. My first thought was that I still had all the server clusters, and when the new world was created, it just loaded the first cluster, which was my town server. But then I thought, 'wait, wouldn't that overwrite the data in the first cluster and replace it with that of the new world?' I am still confused AF about it, but I'm just glad I don't have to redo my town server a fourth time.

Archived