Critter temperature range

Hello dear Oxygen (non?) breather !

I do not remember if critters, like the commun hatch, does mind if outside a confortable 5-25 °C range (my bas) as far as it is within the -30 to 70°C livable range (source ONI database). This forum search just return a big "WHAT???" to my question, and google has some very nice guides (like this one), but neither them nor the wiki states a different temperature range.

I'm on the way to move the farm into a 45°C new location, so just checking before the work ;)

Go ahead, it should not be a problem. I would dare say "critter comfort" has stayed as an unimplemented part of the game. Only livable range is taken into account as far as I recall.

It'd be nice to have something to get in exchange from the critters when in said comfort zone, like extra "productivity", for example (i.e.: more poop or more meat).

OTOH: Only Pacu types are indeed affected by environment temperature. But still no effect from comfort temp.

Thanks, works is on the way ;)

If by affected by environment  °C you mean the chance of changing species, then Slicksters too will change depending on the temperature...

(too bad ONI database is not up to date since 2020/03/05... it's such a nice source of info)

1 minute ago, Argelle said:

If by affected by environment  °C you mean the chance of changing species, then Slicksters too will change depending on the temperature...

Correct, I'd forgotten about those. I have a wild slickster pen temperature regulated at 150ºC that might have a regular slickster spawning every once and then but this temperature ensures molten slicksters for most of the time and chances for regular slicksters are reduced over time risk-free.

5 minutes ago, Argelle said:

too bad ONI database is not up to date since 2020/03/05... it's such a nice source of info

Base game hasn't really changed so much as to need an update in the "wiki" but I'll definitely welcome any additions with DLC data.

Archived