is there someone that may make my idea into a mod?

i dit try to make it myshelf but all my trying just hurt myshelf so because i cant do it i ask if someone may want to do it i may not be able to pay you directly whit money but i can however buy you a game or 2 on steam if thats ok and here is my idea

image.thumb.png.0283249a1975ebecbf5bf85fc125961b.png

alsol thanks to some of my friends for helpin me rebalance or givin ideas to some of those things

alsol about custom examination quotes we can talk about that later in the steam friends chat if your ready to place them so thanks for now if you want to help someone that cant do it themshelf

please there has to be someone out there or not? im frustrated at this point trying doin anything about mods and nothing even literaly following  and copying totourials wont work out for me nothing works please my head it hurts so much from all this frustrating please let at least 1 of my dreams/ideas come true for once i cant even sleep normaly anymore from all my failures please anyone a kind soul that knows how to mod like that please it hurts me so much

@Dr.Medic
I’ve never made armor or weapons, but I might be able to help a bit..  Having those stats, a high defense, a sanity penalty for killing certain stuff, and an increased fear from monsters is actually pretty do-able.

As for being targeted more by mobs, well, I bet the new Wes code has something about being targeted by hounds, and if you made them a monster than a lot of creatures will attack you (but you’d be friends with spiders.)

This is the mod tutorial I started with.  

For reduced damage I think you add this to their prefab, in the master_postinit:

local DAMAGE_RESISTENCE = 0.95  --Percentage of 1.00, aka 100%

This will make more people target you (also in master_postinit):

inst:AddTag("monster")

Put this in there too:

inst:ListenForEvent("killed", onkilled)

And this goes somewhere in the character's prefab.  My character gets a debuff when they kill hounds, but you can edit it however you want:

--Negative sanity penalty when you kill hounds.
local function onkilled(inst, data)
	print("Hound killed!")  --Test code.
	local victim = data.victim
	if victim and victim:HasTag("hound") and not victim:HasTag("companion") then
		print("Killed a wild hound.")  --Test code.
		inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(victim.sanityreward or -TUNING.SANITY_SMALL)
		--Note: Tiny=5 Sanity, Small=10 Sanity, Med=15 Sanity, MED_LARGE=XXX Sanity, Large=33 Sanity, Huge=50 Sanity, Superhuge=XXX Sanity

elseif victim and victim:HasTag("hound") and victim:HasTag("companion") then
		if inst.name == victim.components.follower.leader.name then
			print("Killed your own trained hound.")  --Test code.
			inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(victim.sanityreward or -TUNING.SANITY_MED)
			--Note: Tiny=5 Sanity, Small=10 Sanity, Med=15 Sanity, MED_LARGE=XXX Sanity, Large=33 Sanity, Huge=50 Sanity, Superhuge=XXX Sanity

else
			print("Killed someone else's trained hound.")  --Test code.
		end
		print("Player's name: ", inst.name)  --Test code.
		print("Victim's Leader: ", victim.components.follower.leader.name)
	end
end

To be more afraid of monsters and player ghosts, put this in the character's master_postinit:

--Weakness to 'the unknown/unfamiliar.'
	inst.components.sanity.neg_aura_mult = 1.1  --Player looses more sanity near monsters and unfamiliar dangers.
	TUNING.SANITY_GHOST_PLAYER_DRAIN = TUNING.SANITY_GHOST_PLAYER_DRAIN * 1.15

I can't help with the art in any way, sorry, but I hope this helps!  You can edit the player model graphics pretty easily though (I use praint.net (the program not the website)) and then view those edits using Spriter (which is free.)  KTool can also be used sometimes, if you want to take apart an existing animation file and see what they did.

OH!  And and I use NotePad++, but other people use Visual Studio Code.

Edited by FurryEskimo

1 hour ago, FurryEskimo said:

@Dr.Medic
I’ve never made armor or weapons, but I might be able to help a bit..  Having those stats, a high defense, a sanity penalty for killing certain stuff, and an increased fear from monsters is actually pretty do-able.

As for being targeted more by mobs, well, I bet the new Wes code has something about being targeted by hounds, and if you made them a monster than a lot of creatures will attack you (but you’d be friends with spiders.)

(more incoming)

well about art i made something in paint to have more or less an idea how it looks like in game

image.thumb.png.3e38c1c6aa7c177d9c0a68173e56c11e.pngthe frond side as well as item icon and on ground

image.thumb.png.a906f6afd37464d5657871ab6a124a42.pnglook to the right

image.thumb.png.d0d1e51941f10b4aae190bd193905c0a.pnglook to the left

image.thumb.png.5bb967110ecced1a238bfe1ff24d8276.pngthe back

image.png.d68c4e8fad553555365dcd0515c63318.pngand even the ghost

since i cant do any modding thats the most i can do realy

@Dr.Medic

This is the mod tutorial I started with.  

For reduced damage I think you add this to their prefab, in the master_postinit:

local DAMAGE_RESISTENCE = 0.95  --Percentage of 1.00, aka 100%

This will make more people target you (also in master_postinit):

inst:AddTag("monster")

Put this in there too:

inst:ListenForEvent("killed", onkilled)

And this goes somewhere in the character's prefab.  My character gets a debuff when they kill hounds, but you can edit it however you want:

--Negative sanity penalty when you kill hounds.
local function onkilled(inst, data)
	print("Hound killed!")  --Test code.
	local victim = data.victim
	if victim and victim:HasTag("hound") and not victim:HasTag("companion") then
		print("Killed a wild hound.")  --Test code.

elseif victim and victim:HasTag("hound") and victim:HasTag("companion") then
		if inst.name == victim.components.follower.leader.name then
			print("Killed your own trained hound.")  --Test code.
			inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(victim.sanityreward or -TUNING.SANITY_MED)

else
			print("Killed someone else's trained hound.")  --Test code.
		end
		print("Player's name: ", inst.name)  --Test code.
		print("Victim's Leader: ", victim.components.follower.leader.name)
	end
end

To be more afraid of monsters and player ghosts, put this in the character's master_postinit:

--Weakness to 'the unknown/unfamiliar.'
	inst.components.sanity.neg_aura_mult = 1.1  --Player looses more sanity near monsters and unfamiliar dangers.
	TUNING.SANITY_GHOST_PLAYER_DRAIN = TUNING.SANITY_GHOST_PLAYER_DRAIN * 1.15

I can't help with the art in any way, sorry, but I hope this helps!  You can edit the player model graphics pretty easily though (I use praint.net (the program not the website)) and then view those edits using Spriter (which is free.)  KTool can also be used sometimes, if you want to take apart an existing animation file and see what they did.

OH!  And and I use NotePad++, but other people use Visual Studio Code.

well i soupose i lose again i dit try all those totoourials and never got something done what i more was askin was if there is someone that would do it for me realy

@Dr.Medic
The tutorial isn't perfect.  If you look at the comments you can probably find my comments there as I tried to figure out what was wrong with it.  I may have a really old version of it lying around that works, but it's better to make your own. (or edit your changes into a mod that already works, but that's largerism-y unless you get their approval)

@Dr.Medic
The tutorial isn't perfect.  If you look at the comments you can probably find my comments there as I tried to figure out what was wrong with it.  I may have a really old version of it lying around that works, but it's better to make your own. (or edit your changes into a mod that already works, but that's largerism-y unless you get their approval)

well i soupose thanks for the talk but i realy dit try everything and following every totourial i found and me copying it ALWAYS gives me a completly differend end result and i dont know why i more or less gave up on that and sometimes try again on there just to end up whit frustrations and head hurting and in the end of the day not bein able to sleep so the only thing that was left for me is askin is someone else is able to make this into a mod because i cant i realy wish i can but im not able to do anything thats the reasons i ask if there is someone that is able todo so i just cant everything i try it just dont work for me nothing works for me and i start the feeling that this is just another dream/idea i have to give up on another one and i stoped to count the failed alredy well thanks for the talk anyway