Don't Starve Mod Tools - Update 3/22/2021

• Developer

We have just released another update to the mod tools with the following changes:

• Mods uploaded will now have a manifest pregenerated with the mod.
  • Possibly fixed an issue with unicode paths not being able to upload to steam.

Happy Modding!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 3

Is there a link to these 'mod tools' ?   Can you post a link when you post these updates?  That way when someone searches for mod tools and find these posts they would be able to then click to where they need to go.

I made mods many years ago but forgot how I did anything, and now on new computers, etc I have no clue on how to share them, publish them, or even find them.

What are the tools?

thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChakraChop said:

Is there a link to these 'mod tools' ?   Can you post a link when you post these updates?  That way when someone searches for mod tools and find these posts they would be able to then click to where they need to go.

I made mods many years ago but forgot how I did anything, and now on new computers, etc I have no clue on how to share them, publish them, or even find them.

What are the tools?

thanks

It's in steam. 

Left hand side, under the search box.

Click the "Games and Software" drop down. Select "Tools".

That will add them to the list.

Thanks, that should help me upload them... once I can find my local mods!   Still searching. They show up and work when I make a game but they seem to be buried in some other directory instead of the one mods dir I did find..  I'll keep digging

Found them finally.  I'll just put this path as a hopeful reminder to anyone that might be in the same lost boat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods

I don't know why there was another directory called mods that was empty.  Threw me off totally.

Edited by ChakraChop

On 1/15/2022 at 1:41 AM, ChakraChop said:

Thanks, that should help me upload them... once I can find my local mods!   Still searching. They show up and work when I make a game but they seem to be buried in some other directory instead of the one mods dir I did find..  I'll keep digging

Found them finally.  I'll just put this path as a hopeful reminder to anyone that might be in the same lost boat

I don't know why there was another directory called mods that was empty.  Threw me off totally.

New mods downloaded from the workshop now go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330

Edited by Leonidas IV

Hello,@zarklord_klei, When I try to open fmod_designer.exe, it just show a blank widget(Message Log) and stuck:

Snipaste_2023-02-08_23-42-56.thumb.png.200ba545f82db00ce508eb6a4a6ed583.png

and its log (fmod_designer.log) say:

Warning: QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
Warning: QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
Warning: QPainter::setPen: Painter not active

I don't know why, HELP !!! Could you help me ? Please~~~~~~,I get a bunch of mod SFX works to do, and I can't loss my FMOD!!!!

PS:I also try FMOD studio, it works fine but I don't know how to use FMOD studio to pack *.fsb and *.fev files.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:07 PM, Leonidas IV said:

It's in steam. 

Left hand side, under the search box.

Click the "Games and Software" drop down. Select "Tools".

That will add them to the list.

@Leonidas IV Please Describe in detail where I can download "Mod Tools", I can not find where on Steam is "Games and Software" drop down.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 6:41 AM, ChakraChop said:

Wait, when i go to /mods what do i do???

Edited by bodzii2