Have a public option for beds and mess tables

Basically have beds and mess tables have the same behavior as bathrooms, sinks, and showers. With the dlc focusing on splitting up your duplicants over multiple bases it's annoying to have to assign a bed and table every time they move to a new colony or for piloting rockets. This allows for more compact bases, less micromanaging, and just generally makes more sense. You could also add options for private rooms which give a slightly higher morale boost for players that want to give their duplicants the best living conditions. 

1 hour ago, Unfawkable said:

I would still probably micro manage it to hell even if I had this option, but it wouldn't hurt to have it. As long as it's not to complicated to do.

I've been playing with this in mods but the mods are kind of buggy, but it makes things easier in terms of how much space you use for your dupes main area. I have a bathroom with two toilets, two sinks in a 8x4 room, a great hall with just two tables (2 in case of overlap rather then 1), the water cooler and some plants for decor, and a 2 bed bedroom. It doesn't require you to assign anything and you can move dupes between colonies and they never act like there isn't a bed to sleep on just because its not assigned. I don't get why this wasn't a thing from the start but now with these micro colonies and moving dupes between them I feel like its a necessity. Also it helps for taking multiple dupes in a rocket since you only need one bed and mess table for however many you bring.  

Archived