World Setting : Disable Witherability

An option to disable withering of plants like flowers, bushes. grass. saplings and so on.

It gets very tedious to maintain large bases with alot of these prefabs around by having to fertilize them over and over.

An option to disable it in the new world settings would be nice.

2 hours ago, VampireMonkey said:

An option to disable withering of plants like flowers, bushes. grass. saplings and so on.

It gets very tedious to maintain large bases with alot of these prefabs around by having to fertilize them over and over.

An option to disable it in the new world settings would be nice.

I don't believe flowers wither... I'm always for making a game less tedious and if the devs agree with you then perhaps they will add this. Although this mechanic in particular is more of paying a price. On their natural spawn they will produce when ever the conditions are meant for it to do so. For the price of relocating them to where they can be gathered en mass for a shorter time frame, you are tasked with maintaining them. The current amount of harvests allowed per manure is pretty good, I think.

Perhaps you could try relying on more kinds of food types to lessen the strain? Meat, monster meat, leafy meat, and especially honey all tend to have a one time set-up cost. These types of "farms" will create food over time usually only requiring the player to gather the items. I personally rely on 8 bee hives to feed myself year around. Even though i have meat farms, honey is so reliable I tend to overflow with rot.

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I don't believe flowers wither... I'm always for making a game less tedious and if the devs agree with you then perhaps they will add this. Although this mechanic in particular is more of paying a price. On their natural spawn they will produce when ever the conditions are meant for it to do so. For the price of relocating them to where they can be gathered en mass for a shorter time frame, you are tasked with maintaining them. The current amount of harvests allowed per manure is pretty good, I think.

Perhaps you could try relying on more kinds of food types to lessen the strain? Meat, monster meat, leafy meat, and especially honey all tend to have a one time set-up cost. These types of "farms" will create food over time usually only requiring the player to gather the items. I personally rely on 8 bee hives to feed myself year around. Even though i have meat farms, honey is so reliable I tend to overflow with rot.

I did make a mod that also disables withering but it would be nicer if it was just an option in the game. Flowers in caves will wither if they're in the dark.

I find it more of a hassle than anything also if you're just using the plants for decoration it becomes more of a shore, or if you like me like to build bigger bases.

6 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Are you referring to summer withering or when they need refertilization after x harvests?

All of it! From seasonal withering, replanting withering, harvesting withering. Not when you have to fertilize it after replanting it once but that you have to do it over and over again.

Archived