Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Rahnark

[Suggestion] World Settings - Events

The world generation settings update is good but it would be nice to have another option for events like a rotation. The world will start on a random lunar new year event and will change every time the game complete a whole in-game year. Hallowed nights are activated on Halloween and Winter's Feast are activated on winter. I understand that some of these events were made to encompass all seasons but I just think it's nice to have some more other things to do in between.

I'd probably have a boss drop that temporarily changes the event if it were up to me. klaus or deerclops could have a drop or recipe that triggers winters feast for 1 season, hound teeth, monster meat and a new varg drop could trigger year of the varg for 1 season, pumpkins could be used in a recipe that triggers hallowed nights, etc, etc.

I don't like to use world settings to intrude into the game for every single little whim of mine, but in game solutions without commands are the way i'd want things to go

• Developer
2 hours ago, Rahnark said:

The world generation settings update is good but it would be nice to have another option for events like a rotation. The world will start on a random lunar new year event and will change every time the game complete a whole in-game year. Hallowed nights are activated on Halloween and Winter's Feast are activated on winter. I understand that some of these events were made to encompass all seasons but I just think it's nice to have some more other things to do in between.

We actually had initially planned this idea, but then when the world settings were made changeable after generating the world, this need lessened, and so we scrapped it(that's not to say it can't happen in the future, but it probably won't) currently, in order to change events, the server must restart in order to apply the event, which would be annoying and frustrating, meaning a lot of code changes would have to occur in order to make it work without restarting the server.