A Guide for griefing the spawn despite Griefer Spawn Protection

19 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Maxwell could do the wardrobe/fossil one in a few days at most, the beefalo one is pretty ridiculous, the merm one could be done extremely quickly if other players put the resources in chests and the griefer stole them, the anenemy one could be done in a few days as Woodie if lucky, the sign one is basically just as hard as the previous On Tentacles one since a few signs are basically free.

I almost never see the spawn get griefed, but the two times I remember it last being griefed were Wickerbottom reading On Tentacles repeatedly and randomly placing stone walls, and someone placing 10 spider dens. I'd say it's not unrealistic to make some of these designs for about that amount of effort, depending on the situation.

I said a great while not a long time it kinda implies a few days. Klei has reinforced their immortality bubble so I'm assuming it has to be more intricate than ever before. I was referring more to the once that take place outside of spawn, you know, the "loop holes". As I said, the problem doesn't stop at spawn. People are willing to take a long time customize a server to their liking, especially on endless, so why give them more control? Presets with varying amounts of control.

Even animal crossing figured this one out. There is "guest" which restricts one from building anything. There is "close friend" which allows one to do most things the host can. This game would lend itself really well to such a feature thanks to a base being akin to a "lobby". Going as far as restricting certain recipes to keep people from utilizing valuable materials if you want to get that convoluted. 

Although it wouldn't work on official klei servers people would have more control on their public personal servers.

Archived