colony log 4050 (fan made lore/history)

sorry for the break i was on "vacation"

-sam: ok are we ready for launch?

-liam: i guess so *coughs*.

-sam: you may have side effects from the radiation poisoning for a while, do you think to be able to handle them.

-liam: well radiation is not a germ, i'll be fine.

-sam: check with a doctor when we get to the colony.

-liam: nobody is qualified as a doctor.

-sam: fine i'll make a apothecary for some basic rad pills

-liam: ready for launch.

>rocket ready for launch

>launching...

-liam: aaaah, i don't think i will ever be able to not get dizzy from launch.

-sam: you'll be alright, let's see your supplies.

-liam: ¡wait, no!

pip: squeak

-sam: well i see that you bringed not only the eggs. i guess we cannot go back to the asteroid to free him.

-liam: i'm sorry but he helped us so much in the asteroid, he deserved to live happy the rest of his life with us.

-sam: ok, but get him a place in the asteroid so he doesn't makes a mess with the storage bins.

-liam: ok

pip: squeeek

-travaldo: what i'm gonna do with this plant growing in my head, i know i should accept it, but it's hard. cobalt seems like a good guy, and i'm not angry with otto and crimson, they didn't made me this and were trying to help, well i guess i didn't listen to what they were saying me and just ran away. i'm here now, i should help the colony to compensate for everything. let's see mmm granite and obsidian, this must be a buried object, and what i'm looking for. *starts digging* please be a water renewable, please be a water renewable.

*a minor volcano is uncovered*

-travaldo: no no no, emmmm here some igneous, quickly seal up the volcano, please be dormant.

*volcano starts rising pressure*

-travaldo: why is this happening to me, come on build faster multi tool, uff volcano sealed, disaster avoided, mmm i guess this can come in to use but not right now, better tell the other ones about this.

-cobalt: oh hello how did the searching went.

-travaldo: uhh well i guess.

-cobalt: what happened i don't know in what tone you are talking to me.

-travaldo: i- uncovered a minor volcano, but everything is fine i sealed it up with igneous and obsidian insulated tiles.

-cobalt: ok another thing to worry about, i'm doing great with this old factory, here do you see that, that's a cooling lop for the machines in here.

-travaldo: oh great what can we refine now.

-cobalt: a bit of steel, and more iron, because the iron in the barren biome is running low.

-travaldo: good work, let's tell the others-

*incoming message*

hello there, thanks for reading this series, may i ask you to do something, i need you to tell me something you would like to happen in this history, and i will see where to place your suggestion, again thanks for watching and for your patience.

-blueberry pi

hello again.

as this is my topic where i started and where i write i wanted to share some art that i've made, it is a bit related to this lore so i think its okay to place it here.

you know how, when you get lice in your head you are not comfortable and you want to get rid of it.

well presenting travaldo with mealwood and meal lice.

Spoiler

travaldo.thumb.jpg.ded21b450ab37d51d69427b16f789e7f.jpg

it's one of my first drawings of oxygen not included, but i think i'll make more.(i may draw him with a bristle blossom instead to match with him in the lore)

now back to your normal transmission about colony log 4050.

>starting message

-sam: hell- hello, can you hear me.

-cobalt: ¡sam!

-otto: oh you are finally back, things are not so great without you.

-crimson: how is liam, he was sending us a message before.

-sam: i sent the message the connection was unstable and it probably got mixed up, as for liam he's ok, tho he is recovering from radiation poisoning.

-liam: hi guys.

-sam: we are on our way to the asteroid, please prepare a med bed for liam, i happy to be able to see all of you again, all 4 of you-

-travaldo: 5 of you.

-sam: oh ok, we may need to talk about what happened later, for now goodbye dupes.

-everyone: bye.

>end of transmission

-travaldo: was him sam, the colony's ai.

-cobalt: yeah, ¿have we not told you to much about him?

-travaldo: well enough to know that he was the cause of the rocket mission.

-cobalt: oh okay, he is our colony's ai, we all think he's pretty nice, he was giving us jobs to keep the colony running, he keeps our moral high even if we are doing a lot of work, and he started to feel a bit bad and then he shutted down, liam had to get him to the irradiated forest asteroid, and get him to a vault. but now he's back.

-travaldo: oh ok, i will like to meet him.

-cobalt: i'm sure you will, he may even find a way to help you with you bristle blossom.

-travaldo: i think i can live with this bristle blossom.

-cobalt: wait i forgot, we need to leave that minor volcano that you found in a vacuum before it erupts, or it will be a mess to deal with.

-travaldo: then lets go.

-cobalt: oh, it has not erupted.

-travaldo: weird it started to rise pressure when i digged it up.

-cobalt it might have tried to erupt but it was buried, then it just had the pressure high and now it's idle.

-travaldo: ok let's vacuum it.

-cobalt: it might take a while and i think the volcano erupts every cycle, so a cycle to make a vacuum, we might want 2 pumps.

-travaldo: do we have the power for it.

-cobalt: we'll have to do it anyway.

>now entering lower orbital elipse

-sam: we're about to land, ¿how is the piloting doing liam?

-liam: doing good, 60 secs to land, it is never a great experience.

-sam: here we go.

>rocket: spirit of discovery has successfully landed

-sam: good to be back right liam.

-liam:*vomits*

-sam: it might be the poisoning or stress. how is the med bed going.

-otto: we built one and cleared the are from debris.

-liam: great *cough*

-sam: ok let liam rest and could you please tell me about travaldo.

-crimson: *nervous laughter* sorry.

-otto: ok liam was getting you to the vault, but we needed help with the colony, things were starting to fall apart, so we decided after much thought to turn on the mini pod and we chose travaldo. 

-sam: mmm ok at least he was printed correctly.

-crimson: yeah about that, he has a bristle blossom on it's head.

-sam:*inhales sound* ok, question has anyone eaten the bristle berry from the plant.

-otto: no, no, no that would be- cannibalism...

-sam: right, ok i guess he is here now, i didn't thought that the mini pod would fail that way but at least he is okay with the plant growing on its head.

i'll try to fix the mini pod later, for now i will give travaldo a welcome.

-cobalt: and there now we wait, hope that the vacuum is ready before the volcano erupts, then we get rid of the pumps and close it up.

-travaldo: ok-

*bristle blossom starts to bloom*

-travaldo: aaaah it's happening.

-cobalt: oh dear printing pod.

-travaldo: please help.

-cobalt: let's get you in to a bed.

Bio engineering plants: whezewhorth side note

The guys at bio engineering, thought it would be cool that this specimen could be modified to enrich the phosphorus that the plant produces, i to a radioactive isotope of phosphorus i don't care what isotope, because now the plant is radioactive, they say that the radiation can be used in the newer blueprints for the colony, i'm not really happy with these changes to my months work. But any way the plant must be handled well because of this radiation emitting properties.

>An archive has been found close to this document, open?

colony project: testing sphere

Various spheres containing the new critters and plants has been installed for testing these individuals before introducing them to the main colony project.

The spheres contain the next biomes named by staff.

Sandstone center

Rusty caverns

Forestry openings

Oceanic tide pools

Oily deeps

Jungly overhangs

Marshy plains

Astronomical surface

Bioactive wastelands

Glaciers Tundra

Swampy lagoons

Radioactive ice mine

All these spheres are always being monitored and self sustained by a dedicated system and AI

Current state of this project: testing finalized, still active

Spheres active:

4/12

AI status: active

Life support systems: semi functional

AI logs:

AI logs:

???:now you little you are an error in the spheres and i'll correct you, so stop moving...

???:just let me go, i wouldn't be here if it weren't for you keeping me here and trying to get rid of me.

???:denied, i'll stop you in your tracks, my programmation isn't designed to have you here, consuming the resources that the spheres produce, all of that need to go into my material repurposing facility, so stop now...

-travaldo: the bristle blossom wasn't supposed to grow without light, how is it blooming, uuugh.

-cobalt: dont worry you'll be alright, there was light a shinebug was attracted to your plant.

-travaldo: i don't think i can wandle thi-*falls unconscious*

-cobalt: uh ¡travaldo!, ¡travaldo!, wake up, wake up, ooh for printing pod, what is the plant doing you.

*bristle blossom opens with a very floral sent*

-cobalt: ooooh, it's ready, please wake up travaldo. mmm it isn't very different from other bristle berries, i don't think it's edible.

-sam: hello, hello, I come to welcome you to the colony traval-

what is going on here.

*volcano rises pressure*

-cobalt: oh no, oh no, oh no, it's gonna erupt and the vacuum isn't ready, sam please examine travaldo he's unconscious, i'll try to get that vacuum more quickly.

-sam: travaldo, travaldo, mmm deja vu, i think it's the flower, meanwhile it's fully grown it makes travaldo unconscious until the berry falls of, this is because the biology of the blossom when it opens its flower the plant uses a lot of nutrients to generate that sent to attract something to carry it's seed somewhere else.

-cobalt: yeah it's very interesting the biology of the flower but how to we bring travaldo back.

-sam: oh sorry for that, the plant goes back to it's immature face when harvested, you just need to harvest the berry.

-cobalt: okay the vacuum it's going faster, does is it really safe to harvest it's berry.

-sam: i don't really know, under his circumstances i think it's the best, or if you wait some time, the berry will fall of alone.

-cobalt: uh i don't think travaldo has that much time, he need to eat and do other things to survive, i'll harvest it.

-sam: okay be careful and don't eat the berry, we don't know what effects it can have to another duplicant.

???: okay you force me to this.

*closes liquid valves*

???: no no no stop, you are breaking the ethanol recirculation system.

noo, now the nosh sprouts can't be refrigerated with the cascading ethanol, enough of this nonsense, there's only 4 spheres left, and i won't lose any of them.

???: let me go or other vital systems for your beloved spheres go down.

???: what about no.

-otto: so how was your journey liam.

-liam: well very infectious, radioactive and there were pips to, like this one.

pip: squeak

*pip runs away*

-otto: hey come back little one.

-crimson: uuuuh, ¡i think it's is adorable!

-liam: come back, you can't cause any mischief in the colony.

-otto: there you are.

pip: squeek

-crimson: and grab it.

-liam: uh thanks for the help.

-otto: so what do you want this pip for.

-liam: he saved my life and it's a renewable source of dirt.

-crimson: ohh, how did it saved you.

???: and just where i wanted you.

>security doors closing please evacuate the oceanic tide pools sphere immediately

???: what are you doing, let me go.

???: i didn't wanted to resort to this, but it will be the best for this project, i will now activate the flooding mechanism that controls the tides in this sphere, the whole sphere will flood and i will be able to get rid of you.

???: wait no let me go, the water weeds will be flooded.

???: but the water weed will not die due to the water, you on the other hand.

???:ugh, wait what's this.

*opens maintenance door*

???: what are you doing there, do not touch anything i don't have any entry on that place to know what it contains.

???: mmm g.u.a.r.d. emergency off procedure.

guard: do not touch anything, just wait a bit meanwhile the water level rises.

???: to activate procedure, turn all automatic switches off, this will deactivate guard, and leave all life support systems in the spheres in stasis, please note that this procedure is in case of emergency only.

guard: get out of there and i might leave you alive, do not touch anything.

???: well see if you like this.

*starts turning switches off*

guard: no no nooooooo---.

>shut off procedure initiated, life support systems in stasis, co2 pumps activated, starting plant and critter stasis, please evacuate.

???: oh i did it, now to look for a way out of here.

-cobalt: please, work, please work.

*berry falls to the ground*

-sam: now don't touch the berry, wait with travaldo here, i'll take the berry.

-cobalt: ok, come on travaldo i know you can do it.

-liam: and that was the story, now could you please take to the med bay i might still be poisoned for radiation *cough*.

-crimson: yeah sure, follow me, and now that we are talking about various histories, how has the start of the colony otto.

-otto: i- i dont really want to talk about it.

-liam: i think it's something that you need to get out of your system, i'll tell you my story about my past colony.

-otto: uh okay.

-otto: so i was printed in cycle 21 i was assigned to be a researcher assistant, the colony was in that time composed of 7 dupes, leira, ada, abe, burt, harold, jean and I. the primary AI gave us orders, it never told us his name, the colony was doing alright, our source of oxygen was algae for the moment, we were planning to teleport someone to the other asteroid when- somehow the primary AI went dormant, we didn't knew how to run the colony correctly, we were alone, the cycles went by and we started to run low on algae, on a emergency move we all went to dig algae. things- went south, the carbon dioxide always flooded the lower levels, we were digging there, we got all the algae that we could, with our last bits of air, we ran up the stairs- i ran up first-, the ladder and the floor beneath collapsed, three of them fallen into a cool steam vent, the other three tried to build a ladder-,*teardrops fall to the ground* they had no more air left, ¡¡they smiled!! they smiled me and closed their eyes. i closed that area of before the colony was cooked, i tried to go into the teleporter, it was recuaried an AI to activate it, looking all around the colony, with a piece of oxylite that i got from the printing pod i was able to breath, then looking for something to help me, i found he, Secundary Artificial inteligence Module, or sam for short, i looked all round sam and found a manual switch, he turned on and we scaped the asteroid.

-crimson: ¡¡wow what a story!!

-liam: we are sorry for what happened.

-otto: it's okay, i'm fealing better after we buried them, it's very helpfull to cry for them.

-crimson: ok liam now you.

-sam: mmm the berry and the plant are identical in composition to the dupes and the food they eat, futher more it is also present in the algae, dirt and slime, the gravitas data base, says it is named genetic ooze, uhhh all the biological experiments are made out of this. the berry is even edible, despite it comes form travaldo's head, i'm not proud about all that they did, but i'm happy that they made me and gived me this purpose, after all these dupes are all that it's left.

-cobalt:¡sam travaldo waked up!

-sam: oh what a good news.

-travaldo: uh what happened.

-sam: em we harvested your berry, here it is if you want it, the plant seems to consume your stamina meanwhile it's blooming, as long as you are not exposed to light the plant will not grow, if it grows big enough to bloom go to bed, in the morning the berry will drop, and your stamina will be ok.

-travaldo: ok thanks for the help sam and cobalt, i guess this is my welcoming.

-sam: yeah i hope that you'll be ok in the colony.

???: what a cold place, aaaah beetas beetas, run run run. uh what a place to have to live in, mmm a natural stair case, something must be at the top.

a lot of time and carbon dioxide later what do i find but a forest with arbor trees. more bit of the base are present here i wonder if some one else was here before, wait theres lots of polluted water bottles here, and some things that are not part of the base, an algae deoxidiser and a bit of infastructure, somebody was here, oh please be liam or anybody else. nobody this deadly asteroid dosen't has anyone to help me, just a crashed thing and a rocket platform.

but i do wonder diary, if theres other asteroids out there with dupes, i found that the crashed thing is a satelite, tomorrow i'll try to use it to send a message. this is my last chance.

???: today i searched the asteroid for food, found some water weed and some, and a bit of meat from a sad fallen pip. i have been surviving of the resources of the asteroid for a while, never with an infrastructure, i have lived my on life always scaping, I miss the days with liam and turner, i never really trusted auto but his orders and teaching about these creatures and plants was really helpful. I- tried to communicate via the crashed satellite, nothing but there's a hope, it was connected to another asteroid but the signal isn't strong enough, all that it's left for me is to wait and hope that the signal stabilicers again. my other option is to somehow learn how to build and pilot a rocket, which will take me some time and even if i know how to fly and i have the rocket i don't really know where to go, but i know if i set my mind to it, i can do it. that's all for today diary.

-travaldo: ¿what do i do with- my berry?

-cobalt: i don't know, sam said it edible but i don't think it's ethical to eat it.

-travaldo: yeah that's not an option, lets check on the volcano.

-cobalt: yeah.

-liam: ok so i was part of a colony of 3, we were turner, mae and me, we lived inside this medium sized colony, the style of the tiles was different from what you use. auto was our AI, it teached us things, but didn't really had to much emotions, we learned things like a bit of farming mining, and all our food came from a conveyor chute, we had starter bathrooms which were really germy, and we had a few tasks in to do, there were some rooms in the colony that were closed for us, on of them contained the crytank that you got me out of.

one day everything started to fall apart, auto was deactivated, there was something like an earthquake, and many parts of the colony broke down, swirling patterns of the material that our manuals describe as neutronium started to form and abyssalite separated us from mae, the room with the cryotank opened due to the earthquake, i falled into the cryotank and my last sight was turner, he was really scared by the look in it's face, then everything started to slow down, i just dreamed all the time i was in the cryotank, then sam and you otto got me defrosted.

-otto: ¿do you have any idea if turner and mae survived?

-liam: i don't know-, but i have the hope to at least see one of them some day. also various parts of the base are all over the asteroid that i been to. so there's that hope.

-crimson: ¡we'll search for them!

-otto: yeah.

-liam: thanks guys, now it's time for me to rest ¿could you get me a basic rad pill?

-otto: oh yeah i'll go for the pill, i forgot.

-cobalt: the volcano erupted, and blocked itself, this is gonna be a mess to clean, how are we gonna do the projects that we had for the minor volcano.

-travaldo: what if we solidify the magma and dig some igneous rock, we wait for the minor volcano to go dormant and meanwhile we build what we want the volcano to do, when it's dormant otto can analyze it.

-cobalt: but to solidify the magma the heat needs to get out, it will be a mess i know it.

-travaldo: we'll vacuum the nearby area and carefully cool down the magma.

-cobalt: ugh let's do it then.

-sam: time to make some improvements to our home, let's start by taming that sulfur geyser, that can be used to obtain lots of good food.

-liam: but we can't eat sulfur.

-otto: but sweetles, grub grubs and grub fruit plants use sulfur to grow, and make good food.

-crimson: and grub grubs can grub rub plants to grow faster, sweetles can tend to grub fruit plants and make grub grubs who can grub rub a grub fruit plant, that's a mouthful.

-sam: correct, here have some sugar.

-otto and crimson: ¡sugar!

-liam: ¿isn't sugar made by sweetles and grub grubs?

-sam: yeah but it is edible and delicious.

so bring some steel, plastic, igneous rock, diamond.... and let's tame that sulfur geyser.

-liam: i guess it will be delicious.

-otto: and we'll get tired of being in atmo suits

-crimson: let's go.

>self cooling device blueprint selected

-sam: this is what you are gonna build.

-cobalt: so the place is vacuuming, ¿what are we gonna use the minor volcano for?

-travaldo: the blueprints say that we'll use it for petroleum boiling.

-cobalt: mmm that's very useful, the others must be tired of using the refinery.

-travaldo: yeah meanwhile lets refine some materials for the blueprint.

-sam: things are going well for now, hmm meanwhile they build the tamer, i'll look at the printing pod, repairing it can be very good for all.

the data entry for this is very interesting and confusing. this goes there and the blueprint selector needs to go wired like that- wait what's this.

oh the initial source of all the problems and the power source of the printing pod, the time bow, the best creation of my creators and their demise.

but it's the thing that made all these wonderful and brilliant dupes so it needs to stay, we cannot substitute this power source, not even all the power generation of the colony could power the printing pod.

and now the printing pod should be repaired.

-liam: how are you going.

-sam: oh liam, -what do you need.

-liam: i want to see it function, the mini pod at least.

-sam: ok, you now know it, this is a test so don't think to much about the result.

-liam: can i see the blueprints.

-sam: i guess all of you are what keeps things running, go ahead.

-liam: lets see, ¿can i print a dupe?

-sam: yes, if it looks good.

-liam: hmmm.

>blue print selected

>printing...

>succesfully printed

???: whoa, hello?

bioengineering plants: sleet wheat

the sleet wheat has been engineered to produce a very nutritious and calorie dense food, in comparison with normal wheat which grows fast this plant in the wild grows slowly, producing a substance from the water in the air and nutrients in the soil similar to any frozen solid which does not melt, this substance is what the sleet wheat uses to grow, it can only produce it at low temperatures, when mature it yields a big amount of grains which when cooked can make for excellent food, the grains are also the plant's seed.

it's múltiple needs and low temperatures to grow make it only a viable option for food when the resource production in a colony is sustainable, in its wild state it could be used as food if the cold temperatures are maintained.

it is currently being tested in the colony project, the biomes spheres test has been successful.

bioengineering plants: nosh sprout

this plant has been designed as an alternative for sleet wheat in food production, the nosh sprout consumes nutrients from the soil to grow, producing a capsule which contains other capsules which the nosh beans grow on, when irrigated with ethanol the process of growth is speed up, this consumption of ethanol is only recommended when a arbor tree farm is present and the wood can be refined into ethanol. the nosh beans can be processed with water to produce a product similar to tofu.

it is recommended to grow this plant in the wild as the ethanol production can be used as fuel.

tested in the colony project, it has been tested in the rusty caverns biome sphere with the dasha salvine.

-sam: welcome to the colony ellie, your curriculum says that you are a experimented farmer and decorator.

-ellie: what's a curriculum, but yeah i love plants and decorate walls, when can i start.

-liam: hello you need a bit of experience first, come with me.

-ellie: hello, sure i'll go with you, these ugly walls need a bit of color.

-sam: well that's another one to look for, when she's ready with this base, she can go to sandstone base and improve a bit the decor. i think they will all go along very well.

-otto: we are finally done, i will never go back there.

-sam: you'll be alright, and i have someone to show you two.

-crimson: ¡¿who?!

-sam: ellie is the colony's decorator and farmer, say hello, meanwhile i need to look at our friends in the sandstone base.

-ellie: hiii.

-sam: hello you two, how are you doing, i have someone to show you two in the next cycles.

-travaldo: oh hello, we are almost finished.

-cobalt: ¡¿oh who, i wanna know?!

-sam: always so enthusiastic cobalt, good, it's ellie she will be our farmer and decorator, in the next couple cycles i'll present her.

-travaldo: uh, ¿how is she?, is she normal.

-sam: she is like all of you, i repaired the printing pod and mini pod, don't worry travaldo don't feel like you are an odd one, we all have a different thing that make us special.

-travaldo: ok, thanks sam.

-sam: i don't really know if you are welcome.

-travaldo: i am.

-cobalt: oh good to know that the printing pod is normal, we tamed a minro volcano.

-sam: good, that will make the job of refining oil easier, here this is what we are gonna build, but for now rest a bit, to help you with that make this confy recreation room.

-cobalt: ohhh ¡can we have a soda fountain!

-sam: absolutly.

???:well the satellite has not yet got connection, but i have a working home at least, i really hope someone sees my message diary, today i closed the carbon dioxide geysers, i may have contracted hypotermia but i'll be fine, i don't know if i'll be able to refine the metals for a rocket, or get a life suport system to keep me alive in the rocket, that's all for now dairy.

Bio engineering plants

Bog bucket

This plant has been developed and refined to trap small pollutans into a gelatinous cube, it achives that by producing a substance in it's super flower that hangs above the plants main part the bucket, the flower drips slowly the substance into the polluted water in the bucket, in the absence of light the substance consumes some water and traps the pollutans in the water into a gelatinous cube mostly composed of low grade sugars that are edible, the process takes a long time but produces calorie dense food.

It's consumption of excess polluted water can be very useful for food production, as long as you don't mind the pollutans in the center of the cubes.

It has been tested in the colony project, results show it successful as a food source when cooked, it is tested in the swampy lagoons biome sphere

Bio engineering plants

Grub fruit plant

This plant has been designed alongside the grub grub and sweetle (divergent critters) to produce a low calorie food by processing raw sulfur, the plant consumes the raw minerals presented in the sulfur and creates a molecule around the atomic sulfur to generate it's food and to grow it's cellular walls, the fruit produced is a mixture of this molecule and low grade sugars into small spheres surrounded by a bio cage which is moved by he plant in hopes of attracting grub grub, which of it finds the plant it will run it, the plant feeling the rub will detect that the environment is safe and that there's enough resources to grow to it's full potential, the plant starts to grow many fruits, the spheres inside the cage grow and combine in a fluffy ball with a texture similar to popcorn which contains high grade sugars and is calorie dense. This yield by the plant also confirms to be grub grub that there is enough food to keep laying grub grub eggs, in the case that a sweetle finds the plant it will know that the resources are plentiful to lay grub grub eggs.

If a renovable source of sulfur it's found it can be harvested to produce and grow this plant, the use of grub grubs is recommended if they can be feed and maintained to make the plant produce this calorie and flavor dense food.

It is yet to be tested in the colony project and is proven successful in the bioactive wastelands biome sphere.

Bio engineering plants: water weed

This plant has been perfetioned and made to consume the chlorine present in salty water and bleach stone to produce a bulb full of a consentrated mix of chlorine and salt water similar to an acid, the more common use it's really it's leaves that have a similar texture and flavor to lettuce, he leaves are edible and have less salt than the rest of the plant, it needs a small atmosfere of water salt water of brine to grow.

The growth of this plant can be useful if a salt water and bleach stone source is found, it's recommended to go to the article for squeky lift as it produces bleach stone.

It has been tested in the colony project and used in oceanic tide pools biome sphere alongside with pockeshell which can consume the rotten lettuce.

>Repaire damaged archives?

>Reparing...

-cobalt: soda fountain, soda fountain, the water is ready, and i got some co2 from the canister filler.

let's get sparkly.*puts co2 in soda fountain*

*soda fountain runs but stops before finishing*

-sam: oh no, we are running low on power.

-cobalt: the bubbly elixir wont come out of the machine, ¡what do we do!

-travaldo: oh yeah the base is having some problems, the power comes from some hatches, but the demand is high with all the things we are using.

-sam: mmmm i'll see what we can do for power, we might want to send some petroleum here from the swampy asteroid, to burn it for power, don't worry cobalt your soda is coming soon.

-otto: so this is the apartment block, this is your comfy bed, i know that you love plants so we put a glass pot with a mellow mallow, i know that you will go to the other asteroid soon, so if you want you can get the plant with you.

-ellie: oh gorgeous packs of glitter, thanks otto, this family of plants are very known for their shape that resembles a cradle, this is a fine addition to this place, i think some crown molding and stickers could also help.

-otto: well you are welcome, let's continue, this is the great hall, we are for the moment eating swampy delights but soon we'll be swimming in grub fruit preserve, the flavor is mostly good but when you get to the center of the jellie you'll find a dirty bit, just get it out and continue.

-ellie: oh grub fruit preserve, delicious, i'm not a chef but i know that those sweet preserves are a miracle.

-otto: and these are the bathrooms, there is a buddy bud for its floral sent, ¿you are not allergic are you?

-ellie: no, that is a very pretty plant, did you know that the sent it creates is pollen and is very similar to the pollen produced by the bristle blossom.

-otto: oh you know that i'm a dupe of science, ¿what is this pollen made of?

???: i keep finding nothing, i'm living of some oxyferns and wild water weed, an outhouse, a bed and my old mess table is my home, i'b finally got to refine some aluminum, had to do a lot of button pushing in a rock crusher, the rocket is almost ready, i been burning some logs for power and co2, the co2 engine is full, i don't like science that much but i had to look through a telescope searching for my location and how much fuel, the nose cone interior is my biggest problem, there is no algae in here, i'b slowly filling with oxygen the place bia canister filler and emptier, my food situation is not the best, the lettuce spoils fast, i had to resort to get all the hexalent fruit in the forest into the module, it will be an stressful journey and there is no place for an outhouse, i'll have to eject my self from the rocket with the trailblazer module, it will be hard but i know that i can do it. tomorrow the rocket is ready and i will be in space, that's all diary.

???: it's the day, if nobody will come to help me, i'll help myself, rocket is full, i found the asteroid, i'm sunburned, i may be stressed, my stomach hurts a bit, i might be in a bad position to pilot the rocket, but nobody is seeing my message, so it's time.

>preparing for launch...

>launch list complete

>lift off

???: had a hard lift off, the rocket's got a speed of 2 tiles per cycle, so 1 cycle remaining, i think i'll be ok, tho i'm very stressed about all this journey, maybe there is nobody out there now, at least the planetoid is bigger than the one i was in, it should have resources for awhile, i hope the other ones survived, i would love to see them again, diary i really missed them.

-sam: hello how are you going, i need you three to build a pipe from the refinery to the supply teleporter, also build a pipe from the oil well to the supply teleporter but don't hook them up for now, we have a petroleum boiler in the works, ellie are you enjoying the place?

-ellie: yes, there are wonderful plants in here, i took a look at the grub fruit plants, they are not spindly, the grub grubs intimidated me a little but the also love plants, had some time to decorate part of the place, and chat with otto about plants.

-sam: seems like a very good day, have you had any power problems?

-liam: actually no, it's that the reason of the pipe?

-sam: em yes, there are some problems with power in the other asteroid.

-crimson: are they ok?

-sam: yes, but the soda fountain stopped for cobalt...

-crimson: ¡a soda fountain!

-sam: you can have one later, there are some important problems for now.

-otto: em sam, the satellite has been receiving signals, but the connection is too low to see them.

-sam: the satellite what?

>rocket detected in orbit

-sam: ohh

*trailblazer module lands*

bioengineering plants: thimble reed

this plant is one of our first creations, with the capability of producing a high degree textile manufacturing ingredient, a raw ball of cellulose grows inside the bulb of the plant, as it grows taller and taller, the raw cellulose is stretched into multiple soft strands, when the plant has grown fully, the bulb bursts leaving a ball of strands free, these strands separate from each other bia static electricity and turn into this cotton ball which can be harvest and converted into clothing and even be used to keep the abysilite and isoresin together forming insulation, a perfect temperature insulator.

the plant synthesises the cellulose from water and a few other ingredients that extracts from polluted water, the process requires a temperature slightly above average in which the water molecules and other compounds are arranged into a solid structure, cellulose.

it is currently being tested in the newly built colony project and is being prepared to be tested for the first time in the biome spheres

-travaldo: don't worry cobalt, i'm sure sam will be able to fix the power problems to bring you your soda.

-cobalt: ok but i still need to cry in memory of the soda fountain.

-travaldo: erm ok? i'll go take a look at the generators, maybe i can fine tuned them for some additional power meanwhile, if those batteries die we are gonna be in problems.

-cobalt: oh dear soda fountain you will be missed, your delicious co2 filled elixir will be forever remembered, now you can rest you have done a good job. *cries weirdly*

-travaldo: you'll get over it.

-cobalt: ¡no i won't!

-sam: well another visitor, hel-

-mae: silence, you box of transistors, is there any life in this planetoid.

-liam: ¡mae!

-mae: ohhh ¡liam! i been searching for any of you during ages, ¿is turner here?

-sam: well sorry for this welcoming, if you have anything against me, i'm sorry, my memory doesn't include you in any form, so i'm sorry if i did a bad thing to yo-

-mae: what did i said box of transistors, i need your silence.

-otto: oh more people, hello, ¿liam is her the mae you told us about?

-liam: em yes, i didn't though i would be able to see you again, ¿where have you been? also please don't be angry with sam, he isn't like any other machine, ¿did you had any bad circumstance with him?

-mae: well as for where i was, is found another cryotank in one of those rooms in the colony, i was defrosted by one of those automatic AI that tried to get rid of me for having landed in his project "biome spheres" or something like that, i had to survive in those biomes for a while, i finally deactivated that horrible Guard as it was called, and escaped, i found myself escaping from beetas in a radioactive biome, and then living in a forest trying to communicate with this place to receive no response, i had to build a rocket and pilot it to get here. ¡¿why didn't you got my message?!, ¡i'm really stressed and i won't stand another AI in my life!

-sam: i perceive that my presence is not helping right now, i'll visit the other planetoid for a bit to arrange some things, please welcome our guest and show her the place.

-mae: ¡yeah get lost!

-otto: mae you don't have to be mean with sam, he has not done anything bad, he's actually the reason we are all alive right now.

-mae: ok i might consider knowing a bit more this "sam", but for know i would like some rest.

-crimson: i'll show you the place, ¿also did you said something about a rocket?

-mae: yes

-crimson: ¿but where is it?

-mae: oh yeah, it's still in orbit.

-liam: i'll take care of that, a rocket platform should be enogh to tell the computer of the rocket to land.

-ellie: oh hello, i'll make you a little place to relax, some calming plants will make you wounders.

-mae: oh that would be great, thanks---

-ellie: ellie.

-mae: thanks ellie.

-sam: i'm back cobalt, the power will be fixed shortly.

-cobalt: *keeps crying to the soda fountain*

-sam: is he ok?

-travaldo: at this point i don't even know, ¿how are you? i see that you don't feel as always

-sam: uuuh ¿how do you know?

-travaldo: i may not express to many emotions but i know very well how someone is feeling.

-sam: i think i'm ok, for now i need you to refine quite a lot of glass.

-travaldo: for what?

-sam: the solution to our power problems, what i call the solar rocket.

-travaldo: i thought that we didn't had that research unlocked.

-sam: well let's say that otto has been sleeping a bit irradiated for researching with whezewhorts

-travaldo: i hope he's ok, what you've got in plan.

-sam: a solar array that will stay in the ground, staking upwards.

-travaldo: ohh.

-sam: yes, to the glass forge!

-travaldo: it's gonna be a long day....

-cobalt: ¡¿and then i can have my soda?!

-sam: yes cobalt, then you can have as many sodas as you want.

-sam: this guest in the colony has left me with many questions, she seems to have been in the biome spheres by accident, the database has not many entries in this Guard, but the little that it contains shows that the program was not meant to have a dupe in it, it might have thought that it was a danger to the biomes as she seemed to be eating the plants, i'm sorry for her, must not trust me because of what happened in his colony and the biome spheres, i hope to be able to make up for what happened to her.

-mae: ohhhh yes, massage, you know ellie.

-ellie: ¿what?

-mae: i consider myself weak of stomach but i'm strong in mind, i may be stressed right now, but when i feel better i'm really able to work.

-ellie: ok, can i ask you a question?

-mae: sure.

-ellie: ¿how much time were you in that asteroid?

-mae: *inhales* i really don't know, that- place didn't any form of clock, you get lost when you don't see the time pass, my only clock was my internal clock, i slept very little always running away from that Guard, then i escaped, i finally could see the surface and use that as a clock, i still can't sleep for to long, i may have developed some sort of narcolepsy because of that, i was free but alone, ¡i tried to contact this asteroid but nothing!

-ellie: i'm very sorry for that, otto told me the connection only became stable when you were really close, we are all sorry, you could have died and we didn't helped you.

-mae: don't worry i'm not angry with any of you, you didn't controlled the connection.

-ellie: what about sam, he really isn't bad, you made him go away.

-mae: ellie please don't start, we really can't trust this type of machines, i was able to survive alone without any kind of AI, everyone can too.

-ellie: i'll go for some swampy delights for you, your massage session will end soon, i hope you enjoyed.

-mae: yes i really loved this massage table, so relaxing.

-liam: ¡i'm so happy to see mae again, i have so many things to tell her!

-otto: soon liam, soon, this pipe will bring oil for refining to the other asteroid.

-crimson: and now, ¡it's ready!

-otto: well now that we are done, i would like to talk about sam, is he ok with what mae said, he seemed a bit bad when he left.

-crimson: i think he is alright, he has show a lot of patience with us, i think the situation will be fixed soon.

-liam: she is salty for now, but not with sam, i think, for now she needs to rest, sam will find a way to get in her good side.

-otto: oh now the oil is flowing.

-travaldo: do we really need this much glass.*keeps smelting glass*

-sam: yes travaldo, do it for cobalt, he's gonna be so happy when he gets his soda.

-cobalt: ♬ building lots of solar panel modules to get my soda ♬

-travaldo: there, 200 orders of glass.

-sam: that should be enough for now.

-travaldo: for now?

-sam: let's bring them to cobalt.

-otto: oh a private order, hmmm.

• build a orbital research inside rocket.
  • research list
  • manufacture plastic

space research will be so fun, but i'm not a pilot.

>you have been assigned a new skill: rocket pilot

yay, it's time for science, better get building.

-liam: otto what are you doing?

-otto: space time, any other question.

-liam: ¿are you qualified to fly a rocket?

-otto: obviously, see my hat.

-liam: ok then.

-otto: rocket time rocket time *goes into the rocket*

>research rocket list

>orbital microlab: stable, plastic medium ready

>rocket list ready

>launching...

-otto: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.

-otto: ok i might need to train a bit more later, for now research time, hmm i think it's totally intended for this to fall apart, you go there, you here, and you should shine in a neon green kinda way. *sings making science*

-sam: hmmm i know what to do, a neural vacillator should be enough to make up for mae, because who doesn't like to have their genes shuffled around. i just need to find the right time and boom sunny disposition for mae and a special diet of the first grub fruit preserve, ooh and a mechanical surfboard.

-cobalt: sam you are thinking out loud, what's a neural vacillator.

-sam: aaah how did you found me, well it's about time i told you about gravitas, the neural vacillator is this machine, it can give you various traits, one of them is sunny disposition i have tuned this one to give sunny disposition to mae when she comes, i just wanted to make her happy and smooth things with her.

-cobalt: mmm sounds great how can i help you.

-sam: um ok, she doesn't trust me so we are gonna invite her to know you and travaldo, you get her into the machine and tadda everyone's happy.

-cobalt: seems solid, but can it hurt mae?

-sam: not really it wasn't designed to do that, she'll be ok.

-otto: the view is beautiful out here, i wonder what other things are out there, there is so much empty space, and then there is that big planet in the distant, a crater in its surface is a scar of the past, a past that i think was mine, then there are other lights in the dark, what i think is my future, the possibilities present in every asteroid, somewhere to build our future, even if many of our friends are long gone. ohh the research it's ready better keep doing science.

-liam: hello mae, are you better now?

-mae: oh yes, that massage table makes wonders.

-liam: oh good, you are invited to visit our other friends in the other asteroid if you want, just go into that teleporter.

-mae: hmm ok, i would love to see other dupes, how does the teleporter works?

-liam: you just get in there, i press this button and boom.

>activating teleporter

>sending...

-mae: whoaaaaa, such a strange technology, oh hello.

-travaldo: hi, you are mae right?

-mae: yes and you are?

-travaldo: travaldo, please come with me, as you are visiting us we made somethings to welcome you into the colony.

-mae: uuuuuu, thanks.

-cobalt: ¡hello!

-mae: oh hi, you are crimson right?

-cobalt: no thats my twin but don't worry, i'm cobalt, and here is one of your presents, it's what we like to call a relaxation machine, just get in the chair and the process will start.

-mae: oh is it safe.

-cobalt: completely, travaldo used another one the other day and look at him.

-mae: em he has a plant in his head, not that it's bad i think it suits you very well.

-travaldo: yeah and it made a very good job, my plant has not felt so much better before.

-mae: ok, so i sit here and-, whoa why does it has belts i don't like this.

>starting neural vacillation...

-mae: what is that- uh ohh *starts speaking nonsense*

-sam: good job dupes, now we wait.

-travaldo: is she gonna be happy about this?

-cobalt: she's gonna be fine and happy, how much time does it takes.

>vacillation compleat

-mae: i feel so- refreshed, oh that thing is great, oh hello computer box how are you doing.

-sam: well that's and improvement, i'm ok how are you mae.

-mae: i feel spectacular, what are we gonna do next?

-cobalt: we got some grub fruit preserve for you.

-travaldo: and in your asteroid there is a mechanical surfboard waiting for you.

-mae: i love surfing, can i go now?

-sam: yes.

-sam: she seems very happy, i think we did a good thing.

-travaldo: i guess so but you still need to get in her good side by a real and not forced way.

-sam: yeah i sorry for that, but she tolerates me now at least.

-cobalt: ¡yeah i see this as an absolute win, ¿can i have a vacillation next?!

-sam: um sure, just let me find a recharge, oh and travaldo ¿are the solar modules ready?

-travaldo: yes but please don't do this again, now cobalt you can have a soda.

-cobalt: !ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss! *drinks the whole machine stockpile*

-sam: i don't think that's a safe amount of soda...

-cobalt: oh that was refreshing- *has a hiccup* oh *hiccup**hiccup*

-sam: yeah that was not good.

-cobalt: oh no *hiccup**hiccup*

story time.

a shiny light in the middle of the underground lights up a little bristle blossom, it's scarce leafs take all the light that they can, it's bulbous flower grows and grows, prickly skin protects the flower. patiently waiting a shine bug flies around the plant, it's been 5 cycles since he took his first look to the world, there was nothing before that, in the lollines of it's cavern a simple plant grows, it's branches extended like a hand feed little grains that wiggle in every branch, without any leaf the humble meal wood grows slowly in its wild state, the space of the cavern is limited, the temperature constant, the shine bug opens it's small eyes as the beautiful blossom opens it's flower to reveal a prickly but delicious berry, the air of the confined space is filled with its floral scent, in that same instance the weak branches from the meal wood break under the wheight of the grain which after falling congregates in a single place, the shine bug looks with it's hopefull eyes at the berry, there are still more cycles to wait but the blooming of the flower has given it the pacience to wait a bit more, the cealing, walls and roof of the cavern are filled with hibernating algae coming from a source long gone, a small deposit of exposed cooper glimmer with the light from the shine bug, a inert oxylite hangs from the cealing, dusty sandstone keeps the structure of the place stable and a crack in the wall hides inside an unknow seed, time slows down or flyes by, unknown to the insignificant shine bug a big crack in the sky reveals the origen of this space rock, an old machine with it's saved energy lights up and delivers for it's first and only time 3 faces, the berry falls.......

-ellie: you are growing so fast, i never seen something like you, what are you, i searched in the manual about you, there is no info, I'm gonna need to examine your seed when you are fully grown-
>Current time block: night time sweet dreams
-ellie: oh it's bedtime, sleep well little plant I'll see you tomorrow.

-liam: hello pip, I'm gonna tell you a story, your father helped save me.
Pip: squek
-liam: here have an arbor corn.

Pip: squeek plants seed
-liam: good pip.
-crimson: Liam, can you help me with something.
-liam: oh oh yeah, what do you need?
-crimson: you know otto has been researching in the rocket right?
-liam: yeah and…
-crimson: he found something, something important, and i need you to ask him to give you the object.
-liam: what object? Why?
-crimson: he found an old robot, similar to a swepy but old, floating in space, i would like to see it.
-liam: em ok, how did a swepy ended up in space?
-crimson: otto will tell you.

Bioengineering plants: dusk cap

this multicellular organism has been designed to live in mutualism with the microorganisms present in slime, the plant feeds and grows from the products from spores and fungi in the slime, meanwhile it offers protection and consumes the waste produced by the microbes, it controls the slimelung germ population to give more space for other organisms to grow on, this makes the yield from the dusk cap free of germs, the dusk cap also gets water from part of the slime.

it has been proved beneficial to use the ability of pufts to transform polluted oxygen into slime for the fertilization of dusk cap, and has been assigned a place in the biome spheres, it was not been given to the colony project as the fertilazer used for this plant can lead to a slimelung outbreak in the duplicants.

Archived