Power Priority Load Experiment gone wrong [solved]

I'm obviously not thinking correctly about this.

I'm testing Power Priority in Sandbox mode with 3 coal generators simulating 3 power sources from top priority to bottom with settings 60-95, 30-95, 10-95. I fully charge all 3 smart batteries, then turn on a few refrigerators. When I do that, all 3 start discharging in sync. At 60%, the top generator comes on only (as expected so far), but my fridge load continues to drain all 3 batteries which are now totally out of sync.

I'm confused, nothing makes sense - am I doing this right? Shouldn't the top generator keep coming on and off unless the load gets really severe, when #2 and #3 start kicking in? Should I only be using ONE smart battery for the whole thing instead of 3?

Thanks in advance - this community is amazingly helpful.

Power_Main.PNG

PowerWiring.PNG

PowerAutomation.PNG

Take out the large power transformers and this should work as desired.

When all the batteries are on the same circuit power is drawn from them equally which will tend to keep them in sync. That doesn't happen with multiple power transformers. I think they get drained sequentially in the order they were built, but I wouldn't count on any particular order.

Thanks ghkbrew - After experimenting in my sandbox world, I think that's the solution I came up with - I have too many layers of transformers! When I took one "layer" out, the system worked exactly as expected. Looks like there's some base rewiring in my future...

PowerPriorityFixed.PNG

Archived