A way to remove Staircases?

I've been testing the Minimalist Challenge mod for a bit and, depending of its random gens, it can spawn at most 2 Sinkholes. They lead into a more-or-less normal Cave shard (Small size), meaning said cave system has around 8-10 sinkholes; 6-8 of them, when accessed, normally lead to surface Florid Postern in lack of any other usual linking. While convenient, I don't fancy such "cheesy" shortcuts, and want to remove them. Problem is, I can't seem to be able to. I've used the following console commands:

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

c_select():Remove()

..on Remote of course (personal server), to no avail. On Local it removes the visual but Staircases are still there, returning on reloading their area - so they should work in theory.

My question: does anyone know of a functioning console command or some mod (which adding doesn't require a fresh world generation) that can successfully remove Staircases for good?

Ty in advance!

When you play on server with caves, the selection of entities will be a little different and doesn't work on most of the entity except around it's collision on the ground, try to select it again from the floor near it's center and it should be working just fine.

However if you really can't get the right spot you should get the same result with this command :

local TAG = {"migrator"} local exit = GetClosestInstWithTag(TAG, ThePlayer, 100) if exit ~= nil and exit.prefab == "cave_exit" then exit:Remove() end

(just go close to the one you wanna delete)

2 hours ago, ADM said:

When you play on server with caves, the selection of entities will be a little different and doesn't work on most of the entity except around it's collision on the ground, try to select it again from the floor near it's center and it should be working just fine.

Ty, worked like a charm: cursor centered on base of Staircase and used "c_select():Remove()" - now proverbially "out of sight, out of mind" with the undesired Cave exits. Good trivia to know as well about Cave entities and their collision "boxes".

Archived