Some questions about the new worldgenoverride options

First of all... wow, there are so many options to customize, it's awesome! Now for the questions:

- There are 3 hounds options: hounds, houndmound and hound_mounds. I assume "hounds" is the waves, but what is the difference between houndmound and hound_mounds?

- Some monsters have a "_setting" version, like monkeys and monkey_settings. What is the difference?

- There's a "nightmarecreatures and a shadowcreatures option. What is the difference?

- In Giants, there's a "deciduousmonster" and "lief". I'm correct in assuming that the first is the poison birchnut tree and the second the tree guard?

- Will the Lua file be organized on release? I had to manually organize it, 'cause it was all over the place and it was driving me crazy.

47 minutes ago, VenomFriend said:

- There are 3 hounds options: hounds, houndmound and hound_mounds. I assume "hounds" is the waves, but what is the difference between houndmound and hound_mounds?

"hounds" - Hound Waves
"houndmound" - Hound Mounds generated by the world
"hound_mounds" - Hound spawn frequency from hound mounds

48 minutes ago, VenomFriend said:

- There's a "nightmarecreatures and a shadowcreatures option. What is the difference?

Shadow creatures are the insanity monsters. They come after you when you're insane
Nightmare creatures are the monsters that come out of ruins fissures and lights and attack you regardless of your sanity.

49 minutes ago, VenomFriend said:

- In Giants, there's a "deciduousmonster" and "lief". I'm correct in assuming that the first is the poison birchnut tree and the second the tree guard?

Yes.

Archived