Things DS Singleplayers would like to See?

Unnat7

Should Klei add DST content to DS Singleplayer DLC's  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei add DST content to DS Singleplayer DLC's

• Yes!
    • No! It's better the old way
    • I don't know!

Hello Guys!

EDIT: I just canceled the ones that don't seem important right know.

Klei recently released 2021 roadmap and I thought what things should be ported from DST to DS singleplayer ( Personal Opinions ) after all Klei didn't even take a look at Don't Starve singleplayer because they were to busy adding content to DST

1. The Reap What You Sow farming Update: It adds tons of new content to the game which should have been added a long time ago and it makes more sense. IMO It is a update Klei has released in Years!

2. Character Reworks: the character reworks Klei has added in DST are amazing

For example, the Warly character rework (especially Volt Goat Chaud-Froid ) and the Wendy character rework

3. New Bosses: Why not ? there is a lot of things Klei could add like Bee queen or Toadstool , the Toad would be nice as an endgame boss and Klei could add that it would spawn in one of the three cave of DS/ROG forcing players to explore all the caves in the world

4. Better Ocean: Even if not giving all of the content like Lunar island or Crabby Hermit it would be still nice to build things on the Water/Ocean via the DST boats and maybe boat bridges

OR

Klei could add a option to merge ROG and Shipwrecked so that we would get a world with a mainland of ROG and the ocean would be of Shipwrecked so that we can make SW boats and Sea-base for a downside Klei could add that you won't be able to travel to orignal Shipwrecked only to Hamlet ( But I would want ROG seasons in the world )

5. Klaus: He is one of my Favorite boss in the game he is the most rewarding raid boss to fight, there are many people who don't like to travel to Hamlet just for the boss drops ( me included ) 

6. New crops/Crockpot recipies: Again it should be added with the reap what you sow update for DS Singleplayer ( New crops are onion,garlic,pepper,toma root,potato,etc. )

7.Oasis: Yes I want a entire biome because it is the best location for a megabase in the entire game ,no smouldering! What more does a Megabaser want?

I didn't wanted this post to be too long but there are many Quality of Life changes I would want to see in DS singleplayer DLCs

And what are your opinions/the things you want Klei to add this year?

And English isn't my native language so forgive me for any mistakes

Most of these things are not just quality of life changes, and would not benefit singleplayer DS much if added. A lot stuff was designed with multiplayer in mind and doesn't mechanically make as much sense in singleplayer. The re-works for example are mostly oriantened around other players being present to be most effective. 

Honestly, I think singleplayer DS is fine the way it is, save for perhaps a lot of bug fixes added from Hamlet. As a finished game I don't even see how things can be pushed even further after Hamlet. With all 3 DLC involved at once in a save, there is still a lot of content not in DST and it is a different experience when you are in the end game phase and start mixing DLC. 

That's why I still enjoy it personally, and today I just got to day 1000 in my RoG world (obviously with DLC merged together). DST can never match some of this stuff, DS's endgame is deeeep now with merged crafting and Hamlet structures.

Spoiler

2F3D3E137E051A3C144D3A3769D87165DDD7886D

F7517AA0008EFFC90ACE84BD4CFE8E1819F40CB6

6F7CBDE373DB61954112CD91D280AD5748CB24C6

9DF20C9781DD49A675CC35A56AC691ED3D3FF3E6

I mean I'd love more content and would buy any new DLC's still, but DS more or less got the ending it deserved if they have no plans to add anything else. Hamlet while introducing interesting and complex mechanics, still feels kind of rough and bare I will admit, and it's still buggy. One more content update like they did for Shipwrecked would be awesome, but if not I wouldn't be that upset. It's an old game at this point and DST is still a "sequel of sorts".

Thanks for replying!

I think you are pretty right But would still say that the Reap What You Sow update, the year of the beefalo and the character reworks add tons of quality of life changes that i've been craving since it was added in DST, some things should be added to the game even if not all of the DST content ( this all is/was personal opinion ). Unfortunely the content is too big for even a mod

And yes I agree Klei should do the bugfixes

And you say that DST is "sequel of sorts" but a sequel isn't complete without a beginning which is Don't Starve singleplayer 

And Congratulations for your 1000 day world it looks awesome!

Archived