Let blooming increase Wormwood's attack speed.

I've wondered for some time now if Wormwood was inspired by pikmin. The greater vegetative mass increase normally doesn't make sense, but is of vital importance in the pikmin series. There blooming not only increases the speed of running but also the damage dealt. 

Wormwood is covered from head to toe by his blooming which we can assume is making him "lighter". If his arms where to follow the same empowerment as his legs then it stand to reason that he should attack faster.

Balance:

Now that wormwoods hunger drain has been greatly decreased, this downside can be re-instated in a different way. When Wormwood attacks in bloom he will drain hunger in a similar fashion as Winnona's crafting (but hopefully weaker). This would pair wonderfully with his other perks. Attack speed is a lesser combat oriented perk in comparison to a raw damage increase. The faster you attack the faster you consume the durability of your weapon; it has a self-inflicted balance (hambat is the exception). Allowing him just one extra hit, while essentially a 30% damage increase in some scenerios, would not be out of place with combat perks other characters have obtained in their reworks. 

10 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I think he is strong enough

Also this perk could be included into another character which will fit more in the fighter rol

Wormwood is quite fleshed out for the character he is but I still believe he needs a combat advantage. All characters thus far have gotten a combat perk without being fighters. Willow got bernie, Winnona has catapults, Warly has two damage buffs and Wendy got a petal buff, all to make fighting a little bit easier. I think Klei is trying to make the game overall easier for everyone or at least make fighting easier for every character.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

but I still believe he needs a combat advantage

Speed is one of the best (he can  kite easily bishops, klaus and df all year), in my opinion is more than enough. That atack speed perk could be used, i said, in a character which will fit more

Wormwood were buffed a lot no need of more buffs. He is one of the best and funnier characters

18 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Speed is one of the best (he can  kite easily bishops, klaus and df all year), in my opinion is more than enough. That atack speed perk could be used, i said, in a character which will fit more

Wormwood were buffed a lot no need of more buffs. He is one of the best and funnier characters

Speed buffs are important in battle, but I don't think it should be considered a battle oriented perk. Speed is more for exploring and only makes a difference in battle against bosses. I think his speed buff is more of a  utility like Wendy's potions. The attack speed buff makes sense on Wormwood because his whole body becomes faster (unless you want to give it to wx-78 who also isnt a fighting oriented character) and if his hunger gets drained he can manage it easily. It can be a small attack speed increase like somewhere between 10-20% for a small impact against mobs and medium impact for bosses with large hp pools. Wolfgang and Wigfrid dont need it because its more beneficial for them to get raw attack increases so as to not burn through their weapons quickly. Wormwood can make darksword easily but everyone can do that too thanks to mushgnomes. That used to be his damage increase, but changes to the game are making him less and less special. Making more darkswords can still be great if he can burn through them quickly in exchange for more damage.

Archived