Would you want fossil portal traps to be removed?

Would you want fossil portal traps to be removed?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want fossil portal traps to be removed?

• YES
    • NO

6 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Frankly if I for one spawn on some random server and the first thing I found is any kind of Florid Postern trap (more-so, types that insta-kill players like Tentacles), that just makes me resent owner/admin/player with most in-game days there and slips into my mind griefing thoughts even if I never have done such detrimental actions anywhere. In case you genuinely want a compromise between having random players popping into your world for whatever reason and still building an elaborate nice base, do respective macro-camp in places secured from 99% of potential destructive newbies/noobs and griefers: Moon Isle(s), Pearl's Island, deep in Caves shard, for example into a Cave Swamp, Wilds biome, entrance of Labyrinth, Ancient Archive or Atrium. This way you will vent peeps without instilling a belligerent atmosphere right from start.

Also yes, any kind of traps needs to go via said Spawn Griefing Protection: On/Off, On as a Default - for Fossils my anti-griefer suggestion would be to make them dismantlable through punching (similar to Walls), let's say 3-5 punches so to still keep 1-hit Hammer action for efficiency/utility when doing Skeletons.

I'd never put anything to kill them, and the area has permalight so they can't die from darkness either. And as I said I let out anyone who talks and is friendly. I want to have the portal area nicely decorated, I can't camp in elaborate places, I'm designing the whole map :) . I've concluded that it's not going to happen if I can't control what type of people join or I constantly check the area.

Archived