#suggestion Contents of Payload Opener manual access

Please allow manual access of materials in the payload opener, at least the solids.

As it stands, the contents of a payload gets opened and goes into the internal storage of the payload opener and those materials can only be accessed through pipes or rails. I've been colonizing other planetoids by dropping a couple of drones to sculpt the surface, then to burrow underground, blocking off the entrance with tiles because drones can't make airlocks. Then they build a hamster wheel, battery, and O2 diffuser and anything else useful before running out of juice. Then I send a few rockets to drop a few payloads of algae for the diffuser. Finally, when I send my first dupe to the surface I rely on the dropped resources for basic survival. Problem is, my dupe will happily grab the payloads and open them but can't get the algae out without building rails. That means I need a mechatronics engineer along with the other skills needed, which is A LOT of morale need. I've been working around by disassembling the opener and rebuilding as necessary.

Archived