Petroleum engine storage

I keep thinking that petroleum engine definitely needs a fuel storage build in engine (I was soooo close to report it as a bug that petroleum engine did not have any liquid ports..). In the base game there were not that many engines (steam-petroleum-hydrogen) so it seemed ok to have one taking fuel but the other two needing a storage tank (also steam engine was useful back then..). Although, in DLC it seems odd that every other rocket engine has an in-build storage for fuel but not the huge petroleum engine. Because of that, at the moment small petroleum engine is more powerful than the huge petroleum one. 

Spoiler

1026068186_smalllarge_.jpg.127bb2984f135b0bc109e803dc143ff2.jpg

751685342_smalllarge2_.thumb.jpg.2fc2d3b870d44cfaad6460283526a83f.jpg

I think either the burden of large modules/engine power should change or make petroleum engine accept fuel. Otherwise it doesn't seem like an improvement compared to small petroleum engine.

Also, gantry. I miss gantries... or an elevator or whatever can reach a 33 tile long- 5 tile wide rocket...

On 1/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, sakura_sk said:

Also, gantry. I miss gantries... or an elevator or whatever can reach a 33 tile long- 5 tile wide rocket...

That's something I'd like to see. Maybe a built-in in the rocket platform or a separate building that deploys all the ladders needed so you can reach all the modules in the rocket.

Not the mess build and deconstruct ladders that we have right now.

They actually made a pretty good thing that deploys in the background as the rocket's length increases. Or that super-awesome manipulator that keeps a piece of the rocket in the air while one of its modules is being dismantled/constructed. Not even Ilon Musk has that. Why not, indeed, make ladders that deploy themselves according to the size of the rocket?

Archived