It always seemed to me that the landing sites had weird artificial barricades (on the left and right) to make them feel artificially taller, and It would be interesting to have some if not all maps have a shorter, squatter shape. The defining invisible barricade on the bottom could be made impassible, that's fine, but have a super hot infinitely heating core might also to help with the feeling of a living world. I wouldn't know how to approach the other core types since I haven't seen as many of those.

My other thought was the system map for space flight. Distances are static in the current system, and, while it may be too complicating to map and track all planets and asteroids within a system having the distances change within a set range kind of like how statistics are tracked for the geological vents (and have them be studyable by a scientist to find out what their cycle was) could be really cool. (and if the maps remain as they are even have multiple dig sites depending on the world's size.)

If you were able to determine the relationship maybe some of these worlds wouldn't be constantly bombarded by meteors, but instead be be baked by hot "sun" at some points in their "orbits". (super hot solar radiation from above could also be a new trait instead of asteroids.)

Archived