Couple multi-shard questions (multiples day/cycles) (mirror worlds)

I have successfully followed tutorials.
Understanding Shards and Migration Portals - [Don't Starve Together] Dedicated Server Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums
Shard configuration mod - Game Modifications - Klei Entertainment Forums

I have 3 shards:
1 Forest (master)
2 Cave
3 Forest

Feel free to answer one question but not the other. Thanks!

Q1)
I am hoping for Forest 3 to be no day, but Forest 1 to be default. (worldgenoverride day="noday"), but 3 gets set to whatever I set the master shard to (even if I change it from default), even though I see the logs say otherwise.
3:
[00:00:08]:     K:      override_level_string    V:     false
[00:00:08]:     K:      overrides        V:     table: 04DCC8A0
[00:00:08]:             K:      day      V:     noday

Is this possible?

Q2)
I'm noticing both forests have the same layout. I'm guessing it's b/c they are using the same psudorandom seed, which I see in the logs
1:
[00:00:46]: Loading Nav Grid
[00:00:46]: World generated on build 446681 with save version: 5.064, using seed: 1610237355
[00:00:52]: Reconstructing topology
3:
[00:00:45]: Loading Nav Grid
[00:00:45]: World generated on build 446681 with save version: 5.064, using seed: 1610237355
[00:00:45]: [Shard] Secondary shard is waiting for LUA...

Is there a way to make the 2 forests generate different worlds?

Q1 might be related to Q2, so I'm gonna focus on Q2 first:

Usually every shard in completely indepandant from the other ones, so getting the same seed for two maps is actually quite an achievement... except it might not be. -> Make sure that your two forest maps have their own world folders as both servers might be accessing the same world files. This would include the world settings, which would explain Q1, as it might be the same world.

4 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Q1 might be related to Q2, so I'm gonna focus on Q2 first:

Usually every shard in completely indepandant from the other ones, so getting the same seed for two maps is actually quite an achievement... except it might not be. -> Make sure that your two forest maps have their own world folders as both servers might be accessing the same world files. This would include the world settings, which would explain Q1, as it might be the same world.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm still getting the same seed, but by changing options like "loop" and "branching", I ended up with different worlds. They still share a "day" config though, even though the logs still claim otherwise. At least the forest with day="noday" has mushtrees as intended. :) I'm about to give up and just make it some other challenge and work on it later.

Are there any files or logs I should share to aid in figuring it out?

Based upon my experience, not getting the same seed requires intervention because when you start the server and generate the world, all shards are generated at the same exact time.  The seed is based, in part, on the computer's timestamp.  Every time I have multiple shards of the same type i.e. cave or forest, the caves are identical and the forests are identical.    

There are 2 ways to circumvent this:

1.  in your bat file, enter a timeout command so that the 2nd shard of the same type starts a few seconds after the first one.  The command is t/X, where x is the # of seconds  you want the delay to be, so t/2 would be a 2 second delay.  This must be done before you generate the world.

2. Generate the world as normal but then just go into the console of one of  the duplicate shards and regenerate just that shard c_regenerateshard()

With regard to question 1, my understanding is that you cannot have different day or seasonal cycles among the various shards.  They will be the same and be determined by what's is configured in the master shard.

Archived