Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Don't Starve Together is a game that encourages creative base building to beat the enemies within the world and survive, so what better mode than one that allows the player to experiment with the games mechanics. I'm talking about a creative mode similar to Minecraft with access to all items and invincibility. 

As of now a pseudo-creative mode exists using complicated and unintuitive console commands that requires the use of the wiki. This is daunting to new player who just wants to experiment with the world and see what it has to offer without surviving. I seriously believe this would benefit Klei and the appeal of don't starve to new players or even experienced ones who want to test out in game mechanics without fiddling with complicated code.

Furthermore, this would allow for a mode that enables and disables the console commands. As of now, the console command is available in any world which feels cheaty even when its not used. Its a strange feeling to have access to godmode and freecrafting and choosing not to use it. With a creative mode built into the game, the player can play true survival with no possible option for cheating. 

Only the PC version has access to console commands, but I get what your saying- Creative mode might be fun.. but I would want it for OTHER Purposes than the ones you listed.

I would like to be able to create & download worlds others have created.

I played A LOT of Tony Hawk Pro Skater & WWE games and their Create-a-Skatepark/Create-a-Wrestler allowed you to extend the life of your game near infinitely 

I was a very popular park creator for THPS actually.. because I was able to almost perfectly re-create the levels from the older games each year into the newer release 

I would love to be able to re-visit my creativity like that and create and sculpt entire worlds for other players to explore and enjoy (and probably Die within) 

BattleBlock Theater on Xbox 360 also used to allow for the creation and uploading of maps.

once your world is built and uploaded players can download and play your world.

It’s less about going into passive mode and playing with the games craftables & features, and more about through the create-a-map feature players would be able to download and install other worlds players have created.

As in: Being able to place chests, armor, weapons, enemy mobs, biome items etc exactly where you want them.

As a console player without access to mods, a Create-A-Map/Create-A-Character feature added to the game OFFICIALLY would be pretty darn cool (especially considering I grew up on WWE 2K & THPS)

But.. I highly highly doubt it will ever be a thing. :wilson_worried:

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Only the PC version has access to console commands, but I get what your saying- Creative mode might be fun.. but I would want it for OTHER Purposes than the ones you listed.

I would like to be able to create & download worlds others have created.

I played A LOT of Tony Hawk Pro Skater & WWE games and their Create-a-Skatepark/Create-a-Wrestler allowed you to extend the life of your game near infinitely 

I was a very popular park creator for THPS actually.. because I was able to almost perfectly re-create the levels from the older games each year into the newer release 

I would love to be able to re-visit my creativity like that and create and sculpt entire worlds for other players to explore and enjoy (and probably Die within) 

BattleBlock Theater on Xbox 360 also used to allow for the creation and uploading of maps.

once your world is built and uploaded players can download and play your world.

It’s less about going into passive mode and playing with the games craftables & features, and more about through the create-a-map feature players would be able to download and install other worlds players have created.

As in: Being able to place chests, armor, weapons, enemy mobs, biome items etc exactly where you want them.

As a console player without access to mods, a Create-A-Map/Create-A-Character feature added to the game OFFICIALLY would be pretty darn cool (especially considering I grew up on WWE 2K & THPS)

But.. I highly highly doubt it will ever be a thing. :wilson_worried:

ohhhh yeah playing on the console is an even better reason for creative mode because of how limiting the game is without console commands or mods. And downloading peoples worlds would be a fantastic addition to the game! What better way to encourage creative builds and show off awesome worlds than by allowing people to have access to them on their own computer or console. I honestly don't see why this isn't a feature especially now that we have more save files in the game than just 5. All the resources are there with godmode and freecrafting; it's just a matter of klei putting it together.

Nope, consoles are still limited to just 5. But just 5 is plenty enough!! The only thing I can see going wrong is that people might create inappropriate content: But that wouldn’t be Klei’s place to handle, all they need to do is put a warning label that online interactions maybe so & so blah blah (I’ve seen it a million times) I just think that having an official Map/Character Creator would be the best thing ever: Even if Unlikely to happen.