friends I have been trying to create a dedicated server to play with a friend, but when I put the command TheNet: GenerateClusterToken () I don't get anything in the klei folder, what do I do?

2 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

The guide's a bit outdated, generate auth tokens via Klei's account services web panel at:

https://accounts.klei.com/account/game/servers?game=DontStarveTogether

1. listen to a question, do you know how to play through a vpn program, for example: Radmin vpn is the one I use. and another ... do you know if who I want to play with must have the game in the same update?  i don't now why is so big 
    the letters

I'd imagine going through a VPN won't matter, the host computer of the dedicated server software will need their ports forwarded.

And yeah, both clients must be on the same version to play with one another else one client will either refuse to connect or get a version mismatch error depending on how out of date they are.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, CarlZalph said:

I'd imagine going through a VPN won't matter, the host computer of the dedicated server software will need their ports forwarded.

And yeah, both clients must be on the same version to play with one another else one client will either refuse to connect or get a version mismatch error depending on how out of date they are.

hey, man, my friend and I are in the same version now, so I wanted to ask you how to connect to the klei servers? we both play on pc. oh and I saw why it should allow access through the firewall and I did that and nothing. I logged into the klei account page with my epic games account. because I hardly used so much steam. I must connect to steam to play online or...

Archived