ad options to compost selecting what wil be composted

With the new use of polluted dirt in the sublimation station I would like to have the option of what is being composted. 

The reason is that I have some food with food poison germs, and the best way to get rid of this is the compost. But the compost wil also try to compost all the polluted dirt that I am using for the sublimation stations. 

Would it be an Idea to add options to the compost selecting what will be composted. 

The problem of the current compost button is that you need a compost that will also compost all the polluted dirt. 

I would like an option for the compost to only composts the items markt for compost. Then adding the compost options to other items allows to only compost polluted dirt with food poison on it. (as an example)

And if possible also ad a storage container that allows only items set to compost, this would allow an easy way of storing all the germ infested items in a safe place. 

While that is true, when you base is huge and you literally have a thousand seeds on the map clicking each one to select the compost button is tedious if impossible to do quickly. I would much prefer an 'auto-compost this' option or a list we can curate that allows us you just click and drag a box around it to compost stuff. That would make it much easier. Even allowing the Composter to be a solids delivery target would help then we could just add the filters to our machinery (and this seems like it would be the easiest fix for late game).

I am playing in the core game however and I do know that some animals now eat seeds which helps.

-SQ

On 1/10/2021 at 5:23 AM, Slightquills said:

I just thought of something else. Maybe adding a menu to the compost bin itself to tell the dupes what to compost out of what's available would help too. Similar to a storage bin.

Maybe more like a grill?  You can either have it compost forever or for a specific number of times.

Archived