Question: Visco-Gel and Super Coolant

There a Niobium volcano on the last asteroid, but you cannot find fullerene nor isoresin at the moment. So no, super coolant and visco gel are not accessible.
I think they mostly worked on the first 3 planetoids though, so even niobium is not very much accessible in my opinion.

I hope this helps :) 

Thank you! It helps a lot! Curious how will they now implement visco gel and other rare resources. Since they need to be infinite Volcano/Vent is fine, although it might be a little boring if everything is vulcano/vent with adjusted activity to give scarce amount.. so hope Klei have idea alraedy.. or community might through some ideas at them :)

Niobium seems ok to me **spoilers**

Spoiler

A niobium volcano (when present in the cluster) erupts for 63 seconds every 9138 (!) meaning every 15.1 cycles

But it is not little what it can produce. A little below 17 tons! (don't know average production of this volcano yet. Probably there will be less and more efficient ones)

So I just try -really try-.. .to wait patiently ... to see how fullerene and isoresin look like in a planet

(would it be a geyser?! would it be a tree..? :o )

But I couldn't help it messing with debug to see how a niobium volcano erupt :D (before visiting magma planet :P )

niobium3.thumb.png.99f582c92806d10dc7b4260f22aab09a.png

niobium5.thumb.png.d2770f3f3405a66308692e2617b16217.png

1 hour ago, zach123b said:

afaik fulerene will be from meteors but no idea on isoresin.  it has a low melting point so i'm hoping it'll be from a critter

I'm only on the first three planetoids so far, and the one thing from the base game that I DON'T miss at all is asteroids!  Are there asteroids on some of the planetoids???

Ughhh, asteroids, for me the most obnoxious part of the base game - not so much the destruction from impact (simple enough to deal with that part) but the heat!  Without the mechanic of heat radiating out into space, even steel robo-miners overheat and break.  I hated having to constantly deal with that - and while vacuum is a fantastic insulator, there just didn't seem to be a way through liquid cooling plus temp-plates to really draw away the heat.  I wanted some sort of late game mechanic (infrared-heat sinks?) to help you deal with heat in space.

3 hours ago, JonathanHoffman said:

Without the mechanic of heat radiating out into space, even steel robo-miners overheat and break.  I hated having to constantly deal with that - and while vacuum is a fantastic insulator, there just didn't seem to be a way through liquid cooling plus temp-plates to really draw away the heat.  I wanted some sort of late game mechanic (infrared-heat sinks?) to help you deal with heat in space.

Steel robo-miners should last for a long while before overheating.  Thermium a lot longer than even that.  If I really want to deal with the overheating, I add a vent next to each robominer with a bit of drywall and just vent a (very) small amount of excess gas to cool them.

Archived