How to change a survival server to an endless server?

I use to make dedicated severs, but as I know the mechanism is the same with nondedi. In cluster.ini change game_mode = "endless". Very important! Do not use the windows default editor. USE Notepad ++ (its free)! If you use default editor it can destroy the line what you have edited, and the server will use default data (what is survival in default).

If it is not working (or you already edited the cluster.ini with windows default notepad), make a new server with endless settings, copy the cluster.ini file and paste to your original server folder. Then you can delet the new server. This will fix the cluster.ini file if it is ruined.

As I know, there is no consol command to change server type in-game.

I hope I could help. Good luck.

21 hours ago, MugenShin said:

I use to make dedicated severs, but as I know the mechanism is the same with nondedi. In cluster.ini change game_mode = "endless". Very important! Do not use the windows default editor. USE Notepad ++ (its free)! If you use default editor it can destroy the line what you have edited, and the server will use default data (what is survival in default).

If it is not working (or you already edited the cluster.ini with windows default notepad), make a new server with endless settings, copy the cluster.ini file and paste to your original server folder. Then you can delet the new server. This will fix the cluster.ini file if it is ruined.

As I know, there is no consol command to change server type in-game.

I hope I could help. Good luck.

Didn't work even when trying to recreate it with a completely new world. Q.Q

Then a radical solution: make a new server with endless setting(the world setting does not matter). Let it load and then quit. From your original server folder (cluster_what you want to change) copy the Master and the Cave folder and paste it to your new cluster folder (what is newly created) with endless settings.

If you load up the new cluster it should be endless and it will load your world progress (hopefully).

Anyway I tried both method and both worked fine for me with a 300days+ public server with mods.

To really solve your problem would be great to know a few thing. Please try it: if you edit the server name in cluster.ini is that changing in-game? If you edit the maximun player number is that changing in-game? And also with the server description.  If you rewrite the cluster.ini and these thing dosent change you make something wrong or on a wrong place (folder). This can help to understand whats happening with cluster.ini.

Notes: it was not obvious: DO NOT use this " character around endless word. It should be nude :D DO NOT use default notepad. If you edit cluster.ini do not tuch anything other then the world. As I noticed there is some special character end of the lines.

(The server setting only stored in the cluster.ini, if one of the setting are corrupted in the file the game will use default values)

1.: Chaning name doesn't change anything in the cluster.ini no changes (yes i press save in notepad++) at all whatever I do with cluster.ini
2.: I am really sure  I am on the right folder. just sayingfab95f2f45.png 

So yeah I will try to do the wold copy and then edit this post. THanks for all the help.

Archived