Switching between base game and DLC

So I have bought the DLC a few days ago and everything is fine until I realized that everytime I want to switch between the base version and the DLC version I have to re-download and install the whole thing. I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen and is there any way to switch between the two versions without re-downloading and re-installing every time? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah. Same here. I think this is very bad idea of DLC implementation but well... That's how they did it. I am just avoid switching. But If You care about amount of downloaded data I think You could archive both versions of game via steam and use them without downloading over and over again.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Unifying Spaced Out! with the Base Game

We're making lots of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes in Spaced Out!, and it's always been our plan to bring the two versions of the game together so that when someone is playing on the base version of Oxygen Not Included, they'll be playing on the latest and greatest version of the game, regardless of whether they own the DLC. However, because of the fundamental changes to the code that we've made for Spaced Out!, there's still a lot of work to do to make the two versions of the game unified.

The result is that the base game is "frozen" on the old code, and some time in the future when the new code is ready to support both the DLC and the base game we will have a major update to the base game (with a proper preview period of course) to bring in all the new features. (This will also solve having to re-download the game when you switch DLC on and off.)

Sometime before we launch, all players will be playing on the same version of the game, with DLC content and features being toggled on and off from the main menu.

I think that answered the question. It seems that until early access launches it is what it is. I also avoid switching between the two.. :-?

Archived