Vertical Sleet Wheat

Last night I managed to create this strange design for sleet wheat farming that utilized a cold slush geyser...

OxygenNotIncluded_z22rC5YPYS.thumb.png.f1b42eb95c6ec03d02e2c2fa9d7db0d6.png

Its nothing special internally...but I think this is the first time i've ever seen a sleet farm that takes advantage of how it is only 1 tile tall...Do any of you have better designs that utilize this property of wheat?

I've built wheat farms of a similar design in the past (see schematics below).

##### H ####### H #####
# v v H v v v v H v v #
##### H ####### H #####
# v v H v v v v H v v #
##### H ####### H #####
# v v H v v v v H v v #
##### H ####### H #####

My problem with this approach is that it doesn't leave room for shipping. A fully-upgraded wheat farm needs a a conveyor loader for outgoing grains, a container for incoming dirt, and sweeper coverage for all farm tiles. The easiest way to achieve that is with 2-tile high floors, at which point you no longer need ladders every 5th tile.

7 hours ago, Lbphero said:

but I think this is the first time i've ever seen a sleet farm that takes advantage of how it is only 1 tile tall...Do any of you have better designs that utilize this property of wheat?

Interesting design, usually I use wheeze warts to cool my farms

20200202212420_1.thumb.jpg.3de44a09d07b2f0636158f60ea85afc2.jpg

Can you fit a farming station?  The farmer's touch buff is worth the production of fertilizer

Archived