DST should let you make your own decorations

Answer please:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it?

• Yes, I love the idea
    • No

Hello everyone.

//  I think there are lot of people who want to make their own decorations. And because DST supports (like minecraft or terraria) art and beatiful map creations - players should be able to design their own decoration in more easy way than using mods.

// I'm suggesting to make a small program where everyone could publish their decoration-structures using a single image or with easy animations (multiple images). + add their crafting recipe.

// Within this program (propably found on steam) there could be an public library of these decoration-structures where players could be able to select what decoration they like and download it.

// At the start of a game (server) players could select decoration structures they downloaded and make them show in-game.

This would make lot of creative players happy. Structures would not change any gameplay - only decoration. What do you think?

I think there'd need to be some sort of in-game customization system rather than allowing any piece of art whatsoever, maybe something kind of like Scribblenauts Unlimited? Which lets you take pieces from any existing entity and then rearrange them however you like, but doesn't let you draw entirely new pieces.

Crafting recipes would also be a bit of a difficult thing to figure out. Since for example I could find a decoration online that I absolutely love and want to use everywhere... but then it could have a crafting recipe involving something like succulents, or cactus flowers, or etc, and I wouldn't be able to use it much at all. But then on the other hand, I could find an absolutely beautiful decoration that just takes 1 twig to craft... it's a tricky situation.

31 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

its called mods

Yes. But then you can say Klei don't need to make updates and can let everything to modders.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Crafting recipes would also be a bit of a difficult thing to figure out. Since for example I could find a decoration online that I absolutely love and want to use everywhere... but then it could have a crafting recipe involving something like succulents, or cactus flowers, or etc, and I wouldn't be able to use it much at all. But then on the other hand, I could find an absolutely beautiful decoration that just takes 1 twig to craft... it's a tricky situation.

I thought there could be something like "plastic" material used for crafting. Or all decoration-structures could have same recipe.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

I think there'd need to be some sort of in-game customization system rather than allowing any piece of art whatsoever, maybe something kind of like Scribblenauts Unlimited? Which lets you take pieces from any existing entity and then rearrange them however you like, but doesn't let you draw entirely new pieces.

Sure. Can be. But if you want to give people even more freedom and give them easy ability to make their own decoration then this (or simmilar thing) is better I think.

Archived