Rockets in latest build and odd behavior

Is it me or has the rocket behavior been modified fairly substantially in this latest build.

In my playthrough in previous builds, I only needed about 60 kg of CO2 to get to the forest biome planet.  No oxidizer.  . Exhaust wasn't all that hot.

This build I experimented with the sucrose rocket.  Needs 300 kg of sucrose and 900 kg of fertilizer oxidizer (3:1 ratio)  Exhaust scalds my dupes for many cycles after each take off/landing, so much so that I had to rebuild the rocket in the vacuum part of space.  Does anyone know if the fuel/oxidizer ratio and fuel requirements are the same for the C02 rockets and/or the oxylite oxidizer.  I don't mind experimenting but the rocket part of the game is a bit crashy still.

Also, dupes won't change the engine fuel amount me unless I deconstruct the engine and rebuild.  Is there some odd ladder placement I'm missing - they build the engine just fine.

You can change the oxidizer amount, but you first have to unselect the oxidizer to empty the rocket.

Rovers are also a bit crashy.  I had two just stop working a few cycles ago despite having fairly full batteries.  When I reloaded they disappeared.

There's also a fairly limited amount of buildings the rovers will build - regular tiles, wires, plumbing, ladders, pneumatic doors, planters.  So, it looks like you must send in a skill-wiped dupe on a bit of a suicide mission to get the base up and running or else the high stress will get to him before the lack of oxygen does.

Is it me or is everyone else seeing this behavior.  I expect an alpha to be a bit crashy, but the crashiness, odd behavior, and changes between builds is making testing the rockets a bit of a chore.

Yes,  I just put a ten tile deep empty obsidian box under the rocket pad which contained any exhaust from the rocket affecting below the pad.  Probably overkill but my experience with hydrogen rockets melting pretty much everything around the pad was an experience I didn't want to duplicate.

Noticed the same thing with the sudden scalding heat but thought it was caused due me building more rockets. Co2 rocket however does not need oxidizer but can only be 3 modules long which I rather hate. Maintaining small nose cone in livable condition is way too much work currently (guess I should just rebuild the whole module after every flight for now, bah) and if you use the big spacefarer with co2 engine you cannot bring anything else since it's maxed out.

Also banging my head to the wall because dupes prefer to run aaaaaall the way to the rocket and wasting my oxygen masks with precious metal just to use the outhouse inside the rocket module despite my beautiful and perfectly functional lavatory bathroom in the base (which is not backed up or lacking water, mind you). I am currently waiting food to be filled up in the rocket so I can send it out which is why I cannot keep it restricted, and I have to literally micromanage dupes to go to the real bathroom instead of the rocket. Quite frustrating :hopelessness:

51 minutes ago, Onysa said:

Also banging my head to the wall because dupes prefer to run aaaaaall the way to the rocket and wasting my oxygen masks with precious metal just to use the outhouse inside the rocket module despite my beautiful and perfectly functional lavatory bathroom in the base (which is not backed up or lacking water, mind you). I am currently waiting food to be filled up in the rocket so I can send it out which is why I cannot keep it restricted, and I have to literally micromanage dupes to go to the real bathroom instead of the rocket. Quite frustrating :hopelessness:

I meant to make this same point: the dupes love, love, love that rocket outhouse even over the fabulous lavatory I made especially for them.  

And what is up with the gas mask station? itit goes through oxygen and metal ore like a mushbar through a dupe with food poisoning and an irritable bowel.

I was about to build a 4th and maybe 5th rocket pad on the main asteroid this run, because I cannot deconstruct/change any nose cones without the game crashing.  But, just now I lost a rocket to the void, it got stranded even though it still shows 1 movement available and ladder tiles magically disappeared at the same time on the main asteroid.. Time to start a fresh run.

3 hours ago, Zaritan77 said:

I was about to build a 4th and maybe 5th rocket pad on the main asteroid this run, because I cannot deconstruct/change any nose cones without the game crashing.  But, just now I lost a rocket to the void, it got stranded even though it still shows 1 movement available and ladder tiles magically disappeared at the same time on the main asteroid.. Time to start a fresh run.

Deleting rockets is hit or miss.  I get better results if I delete the nose cone first then the rest of the rocket. But it does seem that once you start getting these odd crashes on a run, they start coming with some regularity and it's time to start again.

Archived