New weapon suggestion.

Bow and Arrows

I feel as if there should be at lease 1 other ranged option. If you make different arrow ideas similar to the slingshot using sticks, feathers and different stones. Make the initial bow using wood, silk, thatch etc. Something like this would be interesting. There are lots of mods that make starter ranged weapons that console players dont have access to.

10 hours ago, Iriamachina said:

Bow and Arrows

No.

I think there should be 4 weapon classes in DST:

Melee - now the most used one

Ranged - Boomerang (if it was changed to do higher damage and dont kill you); Darts (Change damage to 20 and crafting to 1 flint and 1 reeds = 20 darts) - and yes it is not OP. It would have smaller damage output than a spear

Trapalists - traps (spiders); Tooth traps (you reset them in combat); and also Klei could add the Maxwell trap as this kind of weapon

Summoner/Friendliest - just use Bunnymen; Pigs; Rock lobsters and other tameable things (beefalos etc...)

So yes I think there should be ranged weapons but they can be created just by changing crafting and damage. Its simple.

613344155_Maxwell27s_Tooth_Trap.png.7ed551d46f0547fabea2788325af08d7.png - Maxwell trap already created by Klei but not used...

- Be well

Okay so I’m not a fan of “End-Game” Content, sorry.. I just don’t think content that 85% of Klei’s fan base probably won’t EVER see should be the main focus of.. well everything.

I think that things like Thelucite Club should have an easier to obtain alternative- for example 1 Hambat, 2 Tentacle Spikes tied together with 1 Rope = Spiked Hambat & it would be a Thelucite Club alternative for people less knowledgeable of End-Game Weapons.

I also think with as many freaking Spear skins that this game has (and continues to get..) that there should be a way to upgrade your spears so they can be more powerful and actually used more often without being a literal handicap because your using a less powerful weapon then some other choices.

Archived