Reminder: The beta is specifically looking at early to mid game right now

Seen a few posts about space exploration not letting you see all planetoids (or I've read the same one 300 times), figured I would bring up the original announcement:

• Late-Game Planetoids and Rocketry: There's still a lot of content to make for this DLC, and we feel it's important to focus on the early and mid game content first.
  • Rare Resources and Global Sustainability: We have plans for how we want to distribute geysers, resources, and other sustainable solutions in the late game, but are holding off on expanding on these ideas until we feel comfortable with the early and mid game content.

If you've hit the same point I have, where you make it onto the third planetoid, that's a good point to stop doing a smoke-test (playing normally and seeing what breaks) and start specifically hunting down issues, because to me it looks like only the first two planetoids (starter + oil) are done and the third one is clearly missing at least some content.

Alternatively, take a break, or you'll risk burning yourself out on the limited content.

"Now What?" syndrome was just starting to set in for me.  This is after getting a well established base on starter with metal refining and all three new critters in ranches.  Plus a basic sustainable base on oil with the map all scouted out, however now I'm getting a lot of idle dupes there with no idea what to get them to do next.  My dupes were really dragging their feet on getting my rocket and solar projects up back home while I worked on the colony, so I still haven't launched a rocket yet.  If there's nothing else to find, that would explain feeling like there wasn't anything more worth doing.

3 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

"Now What?" syndrome was just starting to set in for me.  This is after getting a well established base on starter with metal refining and all three new critters in ranches.  Plus a basic sustainable base on oil with the map all scouted out, however now I'm getting a lot of idle dupes there with no idea what to get them to do next.  My dupes were really dragging their feet on getting my rocket and solar projects up back home while I worked on the colony, so I still haven't launched a rocket yet.  If there's nothing else to find, that would explain feeling like there wasn't anything more worth doing.

I released zombie spores into my oil biome just because i never played around with that before.

Archived